Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stop knocking the “complaining”

13»

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

We all get the smart a$$ especially in a thread like that, it makes the board what it is meant to be....passionate fans discussing thier team. Hope you reconsider......

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No it’s just several saying that we shouldn’t be complaining or we have nothing to complain about. I’m sure Kirby complained about a few things. As he said he’s never satisfied. I think most of us are being critical not so much complaining. Just a fan based that’s several starved and being so close. And the message that the team has had all summer wasn’t shown last night at least in my opinion.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

It's also helpful to realize where people are coming from--most of us played HS ball, or have been fans a long time. Tex is talking from a different perspective, and it is helpful to consider it. Fans want perfection, and coaches are probably more pragmatic and realistic.

There was so much to be happy with last night (noted on the other thread), and there were some things to work on, too. We couldn't get the ball in for a TD after the first score in the second qtr. We settled for a bunch of FGs. We had that problem last year. We need to fix that. We also had trouble imposing our will in short yardage situations, just like last year, and also needs fixing. Ball security and penalties cost us, perhaps, two TDs. I also didn't like the play calling after the middle of the second qtr through the half way point in the 4th qtr. It perked up late in the game, I thought. It looked like Chaney was making the calls there to me (so it must be Kirby pushing the predictable approach when we get 14+ points ahead, rather than staying balanced and unpredictable). I think Kirby is trying to demoralize opponents and wear them down with a relentless, but predictable, run game. What has happened a good bit is that they load the box and eventually get us in a third and long. They got the stops and we settled for FGs. This gives the appearance to fans of pulling the foot off the gas. We had a lot of success running it, and we racked up a lot of yards. The only things we ended up missing out on were TDs. Overall, it was a good game with some very strong points. But, we have tons of work to do if we want to beat ND, AU, TAMU, and Bama.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK.

But I can't imagine how a 24 pt in conference victory - dominant victory - some how didn't show the message that was intended.

Are your expectations realistic?

I agree I shouldn't have made the smart a$$ comments. And again, I apologize for that.

But you are going to get comments from a lot of people when you continue to make comments like you did. You certainly have every right to make those comments - and they were certainly the comments of a real Bulldog fan - not a troll. But others have every right to call you out on those comments just as much as you have in making them.

I'll continue to respond to comments that I believe miss the mark. But I will certainly try to do so in a more professional manner in the future.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

keep it coming texdawg, let it fly. I did not read the thread but we like to hear from you

That’s fine and if you wanna make a smart ass comment cool but don’t single anyone out with it. And I’ve said in other threads maybe my expectations are unrealistic and no I’m definitely not a troll. For me the defense lost contain and felt there should have been more qb pressure. I don’t think we have the DL to collapse the pocket. Let’s use our edge rushers especially against a non mobile QB. Just high expectations is all

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And she told him to make sure it was CLEAN underwear; you never know what may happen, and it would embarrass the family if it was found to be dirty! 😂

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife made me watch the hurricane. Shes terrified. I've given my 2 cents on what I believe to be a reoccurring thing, but in no way unhappy with the win

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg go to Jeff's thread and listen to Sly and the Family Stone, "Thank you".

Then letter rip

• nathan1942nathan1942 Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

I think you are correct, we all want the best for the dawgs, they will bust there tails and get better

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Must be in hibernation. Guess we will see you fairweather fans soon enough

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

Must be in hibernation. Guess we will see you fairweather fans soon enough

You'll just censor them snowflake. I know you need your safe space from mean old posters who say honest things.

Its the world we live in now I guess

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia looked really good. I will say that

Kirby finally has the athletes on defense he wants and they are going to be a terror all year. A ton of weapons on offense as well.

Notre Dame is in for a rough evening next Saturday night.

Since you’re insisting on stirring the pot I’ll bite.

fairweather fans are fans only when things are going good and the team is winning. Not the case in this instance. If anything most people want this team to play to it’s potential. Team looked great Saturday play calling was great defense played great. So put the spoon down enjoy the win and have a coke and a smile.😁

I would argue fairweather fans are also overly critical when things aren’t perfect. So don’t read into me as calling you out as calling out all the complainers, grab yourself a coke as well and smile big 😁😘

You can argue it, doesn’t make it true. Here’s the definition.

A person who is supportive of and enthusiastic about a sports team only when that team is performing well.

I'm always smiling, not a coke fan though. Put the spoon down, there was nothing to complain about in that game. After conversing with you and interacting with you on the board you’re a proverbial poop stirrer. Some of it’s funny some of it’s annoying but anyway, have a good day.

Well bringing up unfortunate threads is kind of my thing around here so we may be seeing more of this one. Good day to you and go dawgs 😘😘