Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I buried my mother yesterday...

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DC - I've had to do that too. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there man. Cherish the memories.

• Options
    deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So sorry to hear of your loss, my Brother! I am praying for you and your family!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer man and I hope you and your family can find some peace

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers for you and your family.

i just returned from a week in Columbus, Ohio where my Mom has started palliative care. She had cared for my Dad until he took his life in December, inadvertently in front of her. She had a bad fall down concrete steps in March after a TIA and suffered a severe head injury. She came down with Sepsis in August and had her colon removed but she is still chopping wood.

I stayed in my childhood house this past week with all of the wonderful childhood memories and the unfortunate memories of the past year. Needless to say, after watching the game Saturday from there I will never do that again.

I hope everyone never takes for granted the time they have with their parents.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to hear that brother. She’s got the best seat in the house to watch the Dawgs. Buried both my folks some time ago, celebrate their lives and know our end is only the beginning.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

Prayers DC. My time will come too, to have to face this. Blessed to still have both of mine for their 88 years plus, but it's something we all will face and never will be easy, and always more important than trivial things.

• Options
    TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers for you and your mom as well @BobcatGrad.

• Options
    gator1geargator1gear Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's sad to see posts like this. I'm coming up on 6 years since my Dad passed from Prostate Cancer. You're right, it puts things in perspective for sure. I find myself getting worked up about College Football or some other minor thing a little too often. Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family Sir.  

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope each day gets a little better for you. It takes more than a minute to feel right again.