Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Otis Reese statement.

Comments

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande nailed it. They want to play but they want to play now. Just hate the fact that these people have to throw the school under the bus to achieve that

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hmmm...wonder if the powers that be at UT and Ole Miss are willing to hold an emergency meeting to overturn the SEC rule that is holding these transfers up, knowing that there own programs could be the victims of it in the future? Yeah, not much coming out of anyone but Pruitt's and Kiffin's mouths on that, is there?

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

How dare you not assume the cops are all racists.

Dont you understand the best way to fight false generalizations are with generalizations?

Talk about a toxic environment!

/s

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're making great points to win an argument you feel strongly about, PG. That is exactly what they are doing. They aren't exaggerating in their view. They are making an argument to gain leverage. Yes, those are the rules, and they are trying to circumvent them to be eligible. In their minds ( and to some point I agree) the rules are set up to protect the interests of the NCAA and SEC--not the players. My personal view is that Reese is a good player. I'm a fan. I hope the SEC will approve his request and he goes on to play on Sundays.

• Options
    DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When all else fails use the race card and use it hard. Have your attorney scream and bring up things that didn’t even affect you (like the baseball player) but scream loud and call the coach and it’s fans out. And let’s call it systemic because that is indefensible. Make people scared and if anyone defends the position with facts well then you must be racist. The facts are he wasn’t good enough to play and decided to transfer he hasn’t gotten an answer although they know the rules so it’s time to scream and scream loud and throw everybody they can under the bus. Otis was fed the narrative by someone else and he bought in and is working with his “team” to making it sound as bad as he can. I hope they don’t cave in because of that. If so that will be the new way of getting results rules be damned.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

Poor attempt at a joke on my part. Every time it has been warranted

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

BTW....there is another story about racist attacks by a sorority at Georgia........The more I hear the more I think that Reese has a point.......If this is all true there will come a point when recruiting will start to diminish...when it starts going down hill, it will be impossibe to stop.........Kirby needs to admit there is a problem and get help

• Options
    roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is an interesting username. Golf or baseball?

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting idea. I always appreciate outside-the-box thinking.

• Options
    fresh_dawgfresh_dawg Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

Last year while downtown, I saw one of my hallmates be aggressively thrown against a cop car and arrested for arguing with the cop after an MIP violation. I watched it from start to finish and the ACC policemen was so unnecessarily aggressive I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My hallmate got out the next day and was so scared he didn't want to go downtown the rest of the year. He was a white guy, but the point of that is the ACC police are not merciful with young kids, and assume the worst. If I'm a black man and treated like that without reason, after seeing everything going on throughout the country I would probably believe it was racially motivated as well. Nobody can force anyone to believe in the racism that may or may not be present, but perception matters just as much unfortunately. If kids are being told that UGA is racist, even if it's not true, they aren't going to believe it and that message will spread and affect recruiting.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MIP = minor in possession.