Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Otis Reese statement.

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well he was cited for violation of Georgia’s hands free law and paid the ticket. So yeah, something like that.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, he could’ve been eating a cheeseburger, or reading his biology textbook, or playing the flute.

C’mon, @roydawg. Stop speculating on the internet. This isn’t the place for that stuff. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yall kill me. The police up there targets football players. They see them go in the bars then arrest them later

Why not close that bar down who serves underage kids?they wont bc there's white underage students in those bars too. But they get to go home not the players.and alot of uga students are racists too bc they learned it at home. His race problem isnt the football team its the University thats full of white supremacy students

• roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your parents didn’t tell you how to act during a traffic stop?

As a white person I’ve always been acutely aware during interactions with police that I’m dealing with an armed person who will be able to articulate a justifiable reason for ending my life if I act or react in certain ways. I guess don’t assume all white folks are like you.

• Godawgs2019Godawgs2019 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

Police going overboard? I'm sure it does happen to other students. Can't say I've heard any stories of my white/asian, hispanic, etc friends being told they look suspicious, don't belong at UGA, shouldn't be out this late(8 p.m) and had their entire car searched with no justification.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I had to guess, UGA already has something like this setup. Maybe not an official consultant, but working with community leaders to be better/more aware.

• muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He definitely packed a lot into that letter...

I can’t speak to the racial aspect of Athens, but I do know the cops there are too aggressive.

I know it has been said, but if you are trying to escape racism, if that was a main issue for him, Ole Miss ain’t that.

There is an SEC rule about transferring. There are plenty of other schools that play football.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He wasnt denied or approved. They haven't done anything to his situation yet if Im not mistaken.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This post should have more likes than any other post in this thread. 100% accurate.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IF coach Smart said, sure I'll honor your request of immediate eligibility, Smart would have been obligated to ad the caveat, as long as you're not transferring to another SEC, because that violates SEC transfer rules. In Oct. did Reese already know he would transfer to Ole Miss or another SEC team? That seems to be missing or perhaps I didn't see it.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You understand that law applies to things other than cell phones right? You could get cited for that by messing with the radio or AC. Regardless, I was pointing out your hypocrisy of don't assume the cop's intentions while simultaneously assuming what Reese was cited for. You don't actually know you just assumed the worst.