Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Crean Is terrible.

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Let’s keep it on Crean fellas

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it’s fair to say anyone coaching UGA has some work to do. If not Crean, who? Sure, there’s a lot of talent in Atlanta, but there are some big money boosters from big programs dropping big “suggestions” to people go to programs other than us. It’s a corrupt sport. Whatever happened to the investigations in to Nike $?

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the most part truly elite HS Basketball players don't want any part of Georgia and its really hard to figure why. Crean needs to be given A LOT of rope here as a complete culture transformation is in order.

• Options
    HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3 wins in a row now

• Options
    TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    HipdawgHipdawg Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ok, after watching the game I would like to make a couple of comments. We tried to give away the game. Over 20 turnovers , and the inability to move the ball around to get a decent 3 in the second half reminded me of just about every recent year. Yes we got the win against a bottom dweller but that is my take. We are better this year, but not really moving the needle like well coached teams I watch. You can't blame everything on a coach , but this team doesn't show the fundamentals of well coached team. Changing culture is really tough and I couldn't say a lot of others could do a lot better. Hopefully we keep improving , and maybe we get a team that could catch fire one of these years.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good coaches everywhere are struggling this year - Duke, UNC, Michigan State, Kansas. Crean at UGA. Not sure what the reason is but it may be affecting CTC as well.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was one **** game, but it’s always better when you win. There was a stretch where neither team looked like they had played organized basketball. I’ll say this stretch at least buys Crean some time with me. I don’t expect much from the tough stretch coming up.

• Options
    DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3 sec wins in a row. He probably gets a 5 year extension and pay equal to Kirby. Been a long time since basketball has had this much momentum. Cutting nets down soon

• Options
    mobile_dawg32mobile_dawg32 Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

And just like that, back where we were...

Team defense is atrocious. Bama was picking apart the coverage and didn't help they were having a great night shooting.

The big iceberg I see is that we don't have an incoming stud for the next recruiting class so once again, we're going to pushing out this same lineup next season with the addition of grad/JUCO transfers which will, once again, take time for them to gel as a team. Another bandaid.

Is anyone hearing anything on the recruiting front to bring some hope? Trying my best to stay up but man...another down season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't cut down the nets just yet....Crean has not made any strides with defense against ranked teams.

• Options

At least he isn’t Jerry Stackhouse.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is he struggling at Vandy? I haven't followed that closely. Although I did see highlights of Scottie Pippen, Jr. lighting it up the other day. Made me feel old.

• Options
  • Options
    HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs upset #20 Mizzo ! KD Johnson should be starting!!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice win over MIzzou, came from 13 down to beat No. 20 Tigers.

Good coaching, good chemistry. Still out-manned and two tough games on deck with Gators and LSU.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great win tonight over Mizzou! Still supporting our young men. They have been laying it out there nightly. They do look good when it comes together and they are hitting from the 3 pt line.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cannot believe Crean gave up 78 points to LSU. At home!