Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Atlanta Hawks Exceeding Expectations/ Mark Bradley Article/Bandwagon Time

Comments

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm completely done doubting the Hawks for sure. And to think, no matter how this season ends, we're adding Hunter, Reddish, Dunn and a 1st rd draft pick to a team that just ousted the East #1 seed ON THE ROAD without them!!!

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hawks overcame the best shooting performance in postseason history. Seth Curry shot 57% from 3 in the series.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

No question, Collins and several others were very good as well. Trae clearly let the pressure get to him in game 7. Bogdanovic seemed to not care for the past week, his past 3 games soured me on his future with the team. If he can't give his all when it matters most, find him another home for next season. He does have a chance to redeem himself starting Wednesday though.

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

20+ ties and 15+ lead changes on the road in game 7.

Hawks led for 27minutes, tied for 10 mins with biggest lead being 7 and biggest deficit being 4. The Hawks controlled a tight game from the beginning to the end. Rare for a young team.

Also Philadelphia had the best home record in the NBA over the past two years and the Hawks win 3 there on the road.

Unbelievable stats.

• Options

The most impressive thing about this series from a Hawks' perspective was the team kept coming back in all 3 road wins. Last night they got it done with their 2 best offensive players spitting the bit, that is very tough to do.

• Options

Collins is an open question for next season though, he may or may not re-sign. He won me back over in this series.

• Options

Trae has been a beast in the first half. Bogdanovic is pulling a disappearing act for the 4th straight game though. He was 0-2 for 0 pts in the 1st half. Over the past 3 1/2 games he's 8 of 30 and 1 of 15 in 3 pt shots. He's scored a total of 17 pts over that period. He honestly looks like he doesn't want anywhere near the ball, I feel like kicking him on the tailbone.

• Options

Unbelievable, Trae outplayed Giannis to boot.

• Options

Yes Siiiiiiirrrrrrrrr!!!

Another win on the road against more experienced, higher ranked teams.

Everyone take note and enjoy this team

• Options
    bmartinbwmbmartinbwm Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I read here because I went to UGA and love UGA football and the commenters here - my freshman year in Athens ended the SEC Championship drought and it was beautiful, but I follow the Hawks closer these days.

You know Bogi is hurt right? Is he 100% - nah. Is he gutting it out with his team? Yeah.

If you’re gonna kick him, please do it on the tailbone and not on either knee.

TIA

• Options

Bogdanovic is running , he's just not getting involved with the offense. I suppose it's possible to be able to run the floor and move laterally on defense while not being able to use the knee to get lift for jump shots though.

• Options
    edited June 2021

I can't think of a more unlikely NBA playoff run. Both the GM and HC deserve awards for this season. I believe Trae is raising his stock even higher.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Something worth noting. The Bucks had the 2nd best home record in The NBA this season, they only lost 7 home games all season (29-7) while they were 20-16 on the road. The Hawks went 25-11 at home, this was a big and potentially a series defining win. Also Trae joins Michael Jordan, Lebron James and Dirk Nowitski as the only players in NBA history to score 48 pts in a conference title game. Only Trae and Lebron did it before their 23rd birthday.

• Options

And Philly had the best home record, but the Hawks won there three times.

And Trae scored more point in his conference finals debut than anyone ever before.

• Options
    bmartinbwmbmartinbwm Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Yea, they haven't said what the injury is beyond knee soreness. I know he fractured his kneecap earlier this year, and the team said it wasn't that. I'm not a doctor, but asked an ortho friend about it. He basically said if it is not scoped or MRI'd yet, they can't really say what the issue is. Without knowing we can only speculate whether it is something that is affecting lateral movement or vertical movement.

Either way, hope Bogi is relatively healthy and happy to see some Hawks chatter on here. Was at the ATL home games and 3-4 when they reopened Phillips and its been a fun ride.

Not sure about linking to other sites on here, but there is a great article about Bogdanovic on the ringer's website.

• Options

Thank goodness Huerter is playing very well at SG. Without him the season would be over. He is revealing that rare quality of being unfazed by playoff pressure and doubling down on focus. Collins is also playing better and better, he might be playing his way into a bigger contract during the offseason. I'm now leaning towards The Hawks trying to re-sign him. It's easy to forget JC is still a pup, he has room to grow and he's even contributing some good low post defense now.

• Options

You’re right They are Growing Up right before our eyes under pressure and in the spotlight together Trae and Huerter 22 Collins 23 and Okongwu 20

Hawks don’t win game 7 without big game from Huerter and don’t win game 1 without big Collins’/Capelas offensive rebounds late in the fourth qtr (and Huerter block of Holiday shot in final minutes) A team picking each other up when needed

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trae Young is the GOAT. Rise Up Atlanta and Go Hawks!

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Max Collins. He's really good

This discussion has been closed.