Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Blog: Georgia WR Ladd McConkey goes from Cocktail Party fan to contributor in one year

Comments

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Give Stetson all the credit there....but he needs a short field to do it from one of the best D's ever in college football! Stetson is not cut out to beat AL. Don't fool yourselves. Yes we are very lucky to have him, but we're also very lucky to have an elite QB we need to get back in the saddle.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

We will not win a championship with Bennett as qb. We will waste the best talent UGA has had since I don’t even know. Great TE’s great ol, awesome defense and good receivers. I didn’t even mention the running backs. What does Kirby owe Bennett I don’t know.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The last 2 minutes might have sealed the fate of Dan Mullen.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bro a short field Bennett can deal but no he's not the guy... That defense bailed him out. I hope JT gets some reps.... Imagine playing a game where I defense is off and we have the score and go score for score with the other team.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Give dem Dawgs a big ole steak !! No, make that give dem Dawgs a tractor trailer load of steaks !!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

Finally. Halftime. The defense can finally rest. They need to get Florida on a 3 and out, and then go on a 14 or so play drive and eat up 6-8 minutes for more rest. Oh, and punch it in for a td. I'm starting to worry about the defenses fatigue. I know they substitute a lot, but it's nice for them to be off the field.

Now, it's time to NOT take the foot off the gas on offense or defense.

I don't think JT is going to play today.

Off topic, sure was nice to watch Mel Tucker and the Spartans take down UM. Talking heads are putting out the LSU job. Lol.

They showed a stat, the 2- 1 play drives for td's, was the 5th one this year? Impressive.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is absolutely no basis about your “short field” comment. When JT is in the game I love him. However, Stets has played better competition this year than when JT has played yet Stets has a better QBR and has led the Dawgs to blowouts that were absolutely not results of “short fields”.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry but you're delusional if you can't see the limitations with Stetson. As I've said, we lucky to have him....certainly wouldn't be #1 without him. But the chances of us ending up #1 is better with JT going forward. We will need his arm against Bama because they will shut down our D and force us to throw downfield. You really believe Stetson is the better play in that kind of game?

• Options

Watching other games, other college team’s defenses look like college defenses. The Dawg’s D looks like a pro defense.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well ...it is the half and UGA 24 --FL 0. Will JT show up 2nd half? Thank you defense. Nakobe Dean..pick and run...love it. UGA has some really good defenders.

• Options

I haven’t seen JT make even one throw this year against weaker competition that Stetson hasn’t also made. I will gladly stand corrected if you can reference the play of JT that is so overwhelmingly better than the play of Stets.

To me, it’s delusional to evaluate a player based on where he started five years ago rather than how he is playing this year.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love watching CLOWN mullens reactions on the sideline everytime the DAWGS Defense stops them 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    edited October 2021

Perfect. Come on florida, punch it in. Let the world see that Kirby is a coward at coaching. He is literally going to try and run every play until the end of the game. And this defense is going to get pounded the rest of the game because Kirby is perfectly happy to not score again. I guess Dawg fans will get to just think what could of been. And all because of kirby. Has nothing to do with Bennett, just Kirby coaching tight. SMH.

Edited- just watching him coach the 2nd halves of games is SO depressing. Don't really want them to score, just trying to make a point.

Just for info- after the missed fg by florida, they have 48 plays to 36. Just keep an eye on this. They may get 75 plus plays at this rate.

So far, the 1st 3 plays are all runs

• Options

Can the defense play offense? Give Dean a shot coach

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can someone call holding????

• Options
    edited October 2021

It's a good thing muLLLen is an i-d-i-o-t. I would tell Richardson to stop running and give it to Pierce. Pierce has 5 carries for 50 yards with a long of 19. Take that away, and he is still averaging 8 ypc. 4 for 31 yards. Make that 6 for 61 yards now.

Is it possible to go on a 20 play drive and eat up the last 11 minutes and then punch it in with no time remaining? Asking for a friend. Guess not. Not with allowing Bennett to underthrow the ball like that. By the way, into double coverage.

• Options

And there it is again..... JT must be hurt

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the love of Pete!

kirby pull Bennett!!!!!!!!

2 ints on poorly thrown balls.

thankfully the defense is outta this world because we have to have them.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Imagine if Bennett actually was talented? If Daniels is injured, at least out Beck in for the last 7 minutes.