Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Blog: Georgia WR Ladd McConkey goes from Cocktail Party fan to contributor in one year

124»

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now please tell me this guy is the person who can help us win the SEC championship and a national championship be honest with yourself. Our defense is a reason we are 7 and 0

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our WRs are doing nothing. Perhaps Stets’ running ability with a lack of elite WRs is the reason JT continues to sit.

Now, with the game in hand and a second INT, it’s JT time the next series.

• Options

He's just throwing it up. The safety caught that int like a punt... 😂

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

I just realized this. 3 STINKIN POINTS in the 2nd half. That is not going to beat Ala, OSU, or even OK.

AND with Kirby not attacking on defense. He is going to let florida do the same thing UK did 2 weeks ago. You have got to be kidding me. SMH.

Danielson just said, he thinks Kirby wants to keep them off the scoreboard. Lol. Not with the way they are playing.

Just imagine how good this team could be if Kirby wouldn't come out of the locker room for the 2nd halves of games. Lol.

So much for the shut out again, due to Kirby. Now watch him run 3 straight times to punt again, and floRida drive again to make the score closer. Then we get to hear how UGA is only 2 minutes better then Florida by muLLLen. This is absolutely embarrassing.

Sorry everyone, this WILL NOT win a national championship. They have to go to UT and face a team that can run the ball, but throw 100 times better. Never mind about Ala and the rest. UT is going to give them problems.

Ok. 10 points.

• Options

The other guy was wide open.... Jesus

• Options

God please heal JT....please...

• Options

Go td run Zamir

• Options
  • Options

Awesome the revenge tour finished Florida...go get better long way to go

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey...UGA 34 Gators 7...that's it. Covered the spread this time. Thank you defense ...and offense. Team win.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida just got beat by a 5’ 8 kid from south ga.

I love beating Florida!

JT has to get healed up! Stet is not the man to take us the whole way. Jermaine Burton has to be not healed up enough either.

we gotta get healthier and gotta get Daniels back!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs have beat the mud lizards By Far better than Bama did. By Far. As a Dawgs fan speaking For Me, as long as it’s legal and clean football I Don’t Care how Kirby’s Dawgs win. They could win just by all on Special Teams if need be. Just Keep Winning !! Kirby Smart is the Head Coach and I’ll trust his decisions Any Time over a fan. I would ( for free to !!) advise some of you to settle down, enjoy the wonderful ride, and trust Kirby and This Dawgs team to Git Er Done !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

This is one helluva team! Gripe, complain, *itch like little girls! Every team in the nation including Bama has warts and are playing for number two!

• Options

I was just fixing to say the same thing about your comment Brother !! Go Dawgs !! Just keep getting the W’s !! This is the Year Of The Dawg !!

• Options

Getting Daniels back without a healthier WR room is a net loss in QB play. Stets moved the chains at least twice due to his running ability. A pocket passer without receivers is a big potential problem.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, really? I'm sure I dont, but I can't ask her since she is passed. Do you embarrass your family?

Now to football. I didn't say UT would win, I said they can score. And I honestly believe they will. I'm guessing around 24. I was saying UT can hang defensively for awhile, but will score. UGA can't try and play for 3 points in the first half. Because UT will not play that way. I may be completely wrong and UGA shuts them out, but until it happens, who knows.

To help stop your Bennett crush, hate to break it to you, but Bennett made 1 good throw for the td. The others were runs and a defensive td. To answer your question about if JT has made throws. Yes. Do you think Bennett beats Miss St. last year with no running game? Doubt it. And Bennett has been very lucky, that UGA has ran the ball so good. That is why there has been blow outs. He keeps playing only because I honestly believe Kirby is making sure JT is 100% and only until then. I think the run game opens more with JT, because he is a bigger threat to throw the ball down field.

So if you like to keep being a jerk about people's opinions, I can be one too about yours. So have a good day and hopefully I am wrong about UT. Mainly because I live 10 minutes from UT campus, and I can't handle a loss to them. UT's recruiting class will explode up in the rankings if they make it close. JS.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options

Hey guys let’s don’t take personal shots at each other. Just don’t go there. We’re all Dawgs fans. My thing is Trust Kirby. He’s a seasoned Head Coach now, no longer a newbie. He knows what he’s doing. There’s so much behind the scenes stuff that we as fans are not privy to. Just trust Kirby and his staff they’ll see this thing through. And be very glad we have Stets. No disrespect to Beck or VG but those guys are very, very, raw. I just don’t think we’d have got where we are now with an injured JT and no Stets if we’d have only those two very raw guys. Now I have a feeling we’re gonna see JT pretty soon. I also think that there’s a very good possibility that when you see JT out there your gonna see none other than George Pickens out there and ready to Go !! And very possibly other guys back as well. Kirby has I am convinced Both a game week plan for each team we play and a master Season plan based on all these (Whew !!) injuries this team has Suffered. Getting this far in light of all those injuries is really quite phenomenal when you think about it. Kirby said earlier this month that he couldn’t recall ever having this many injuries at one time !! He may have been referring even to his time at Bama for all I know. Any way I know things get pretty passionate I sure am. But let’s enjoy this wonderful ride, Together !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think about this, how many times does Bennett have to roll out and pass or intentionally roll out? The reason is he’s not a pocket passer. When a qb runs he loses velocity capabilities. THAT is the problem. Good teams aren’t going to respect us down field.

yes, Stetson can run much better than JT. No one would argue that. But JT passes better from the pocket. That is what will make defenses play is differently down the field, not quite as packed into the first 10 yards.

Also, one thing to draw from this yrs qb fiasco is that I believe JT wasn’t healthy during the Clemson game. So comparing these two qb’s statistically is virtually impossible. Watch the last couple games JT played. He’s what makes our offense next level.

I also see your point about the wide outs, but I believe a better qb will make our wide outs better too.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Yeah, I think it was officially established that he played injured against Clemson, meaning he's been injured all season up to this point. Some want to put their stats side by side, but that's a pretty silly approach to the topic. Everyone acknowledges that the offense has been running well with Bennett. The question is whether it can be BETTER with a healthy Daniels. Considering that he took over the starting job last year and held it to start this year, there's good reason to believe he would indeed be a step up once he has a chance to get into a rhythm. The only way to find out, either way, is to put him out there with the 1s for a while. With multiple games coming up that can be won while experimenting with the quarterback before the difficulty curve hockey sticks on us, here's hoping Smart doesn't overthink it. No matter how one feels about either quarterback, there's no reasonably disputing the importance of determining which one is the better option going forward. If it's Bennett, it's Bennett. If it's Daniels, it's Daniels.