Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Michigan struck recruiting gold in the state of Oklahoma in 2019 when it grabbed five-star safety Daxton Hill out of Tulsa. Now the Wolverines are back in the Sooner State again for the 2020 cycle hoping to hit pay-dirt in the form of Broken Arrow (Okla.) offensive tackle Andrew Raym. Unlike with Hill, however, the primary competition for Raym will likely come from his home state. The four-star lineman pledged to the Sooners in the fall of his sophomore year before rescinding it the following spring.

“I committed when I was 15,” Raym said. “I was just young, and I wanted to sit back and (get the process out of the way). I was doing what was right for my future.”

“I grew up always a diehard fan of OU,” he added. “I was committed to OU for quite some time, and then I decided to open things back up and explore.”

Michigan was among the schools that seized that opportunity. Second-year Wolverine assistant Sherrone Moore, a former Oklahoma offensive lineman, is the point man in Raym’s Maize & Blue recruitment. The two built a fairly strong relationship over the past year.

“He’s the one that comes and sees me all the time at our school,” Raym said of Moore. “And so, he’s obviously more of a personal connection.”

Other Michigan coaches, especially offensive line coach Ed Warinner, have added to the rapport by staying in frequent contact.

“I’ve only talked to (Warinner) over the phone,” Raym said. “I haven’t’ gotten to meet him in person. But, from what he sounds like, he’s a great guy.”

“I just had a great connection with a bunch of the people up there in Michigan,” Raym added. “I mean I talk to them daily. So, I just keep (them) in my mind.”

The next step in the relationship building process is getting Raym up to Ann Arbor for a visit. To date he has only been to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and LSU. No other trips have scheduled yet, but that that will certainly change in the coming months. And during the Under Armour Future 50 in Orlando earlier this month, he laid out the schools that were locks to be in mix until he makes his final decision.

“I’d say (Oklahoma), probably Georgia, Michigan, and (Alabama),” Raym replied when asked which schools he knows for sure will be under consideration until he makes his final decision.

“My officials are going to be OU, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, and then I don’t know about the fifth one.”

Determining the winner among those and any other favorites that emerge will come down to a couple major factors.

Said Raym, “just what feels like home… and I want to go to a school that has good engineering. So, that will also play.”

Oklahoma has a clear head start on the pack due to proximity and familiarity. Those are clear advantages for the Sooners.

“In their minds, they think I’m going there 100%,” said Raym. “Coach Riley and Coach (Bedenaugh), they were the first people to ever recruit me. And so, I’ve known them for so long… over three years now. They’re almost kind of like family, honestly.”

But as was mentioned previously, the talented is determined to build similar relationships elsewhere in an effort to give other suitors honest looks. That’s reflected in the list of coaches he says he has formed the best relationships with.

“I’d say those would be probably Coach (Bedenaugh), Coach (Sam) Pittman and Coach (Sherrone) Moore.”

Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman has been a frequent adversary for Michigan in recent years. His track record and style of play are responsible for making the Bulldogs strong contenders also.

“(The pro style attack) is another reason I do like Georgia,” said Raym. “I do like the run offense.

“Again, like Michigan, it’s just (that) I want to play for someone who’s obviously prestigious,” he later added. “And then me and Coach Pittman have quite a bit of similarities and when we talk for a long time. I feel a little bit of a connection with him. And so, I’m just So, I just keep (them) in my mind.”

The next step in the relationship building process is getting Raym up to Ann Arbor for a visit. To date he has only been to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and LSU. No other trips have scheduled yet, but that that will certainly change in the coming months. And during the Under Armour Future 50 in Orlando earlier this month, he laid out the schools that were locks to be in mix until he makes his final decision.

“I’d say (Oklahoma), probably Georgia, Michigan, and (Alabama),” Raym replied when asked which schools he knows for sure will be under consideration until he makes his final decision.

“My officials are going to be OU, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, and then I don’t know about the fifth one.”

Determining the winner among those and any other favorites that emerge will come down to a couple major factors.

Oklahoma has a clear head start on the pack due to proximity and familiarity. Those are clear advantages for the Sooners.

“In their minds, they think I’m going there 100%,” said Raym. “Coach Riley and Coach (Bedenaugh), they were the first people to ever recruit me. And so, I’ve known them for so long… over three years now. They’re almost kind of like family, honestly.”

But as was mentioned previously, the talented is determined to build similar relationships elsewhere in an effort to give other suitors honest looks. That’s reflected in the list of coaches he says he has formed the best relationships with.

“I’d say those would be probably Coach (Bedenaugh), Coach (Sam) Pittman and Coach (Sherrone) Moore.”

Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman has been a frequent adversary for Michigan in recent years. His track record and style of play are responsible for making the Bulldogs strong contenders also.

“(The pro style attack) is another reason I do like Georgia,” said Raym. “I do like the run offense.

“Again, like Michigan, it’s just (that) I want to play for someone who’s obviously prestigious,” he later added. “And then me and Coach Pittman have quite a bit of similarities and when we talk for a long time. I feel a little bit of a connection with him. And so, I’m just keeping him in mind.”

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

TigerWoods62082

Sling TV

DefaultName
    Michigan Among Top Contenders for 4-star Oklahoma OT
    VIP BySAM WEBB 119 minutes ago
    0 Comments

Michigan struck recruiting gold in the state of Oklahoma in 2019 when it grabbed five-star safety Daxton Hill out of Tulsa. Now the Wolverines are back in the Sooner State again for the 2020 cycle hoping to hit pay-dirt in the form of Broken Arrow (Okla.) offensive tackle Andrew Raym. Unlike with Hill, however, the primary competition for Raym will likely come from his home state. The four-star lineman pledged to the Sooners in the fall of his sophomore year before rescinding it the following spring.

“I committed when I was 15,” Raym said. “I was just young, and I wanted to sit back and (get the process out of the way). I was doing what was right for my future.”

“I grew up always a diehard fan of OU,” he added. “I was committed to OU for quite some time, and then I decided to open things back up and explore.”

Michigan was among the schools that seized that opportunity. Second-year Wolverine assistant Sherrone Moore, a former Oklahoma offensive lineman, is the point man in Raym’s Maize & Blue recruitment. The two built a fairly strong relationship over the past year.

“He’s the one that comes and sees me all the time at our school,” Raym said of Moore. “And so, he’s obviously more of a personal connection.”

Other Michigan coaches, especially offensive line coach Ed Warinner, have added to the rapport by staying in frequent contact.

“I’ve only talked to (Warinner) over the phone,” Raym said. “I haven’t’ gotten to meet him in person. But, from what he sounds like, he’s a great guy.”

“I just had a great connection with a bunch of the people up there in Michigan,” Raym added. “I mean I talk to them daily. So, I just keep (them) in my mind.”

Said Raym, “just what feels like home… and I want to go to a school that has good engineering. So, that will also play.”

“Again, like Michigan, it’s just (that) I want to play for someone who’s obviously prestigious,” he later added. “And then me and Coach Pittman have quite a bit of similarities and when we talk for a long time. I feel a little bit of a connection with him. And so, I’m just So, I just keep (them) in my mind.”

“Again, like Michigan, it’s just (that) I want to play for someone who’s obviously prestigious,” he later added. “And then me and Coach Pittman have quite a bit of similarities and when we talk for a long time. I feel a little bit of a connection with him. And so, I’m just keeping him in mind.”

Holy wall of text Batman!

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 Thanks sir!! I really appreciate the insight.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

Love the McNair comparison in that article

He definitely has a cannon. Highlight film displays more playmaker than true quarterbacking. Hopefully senior film shows a bit more.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

Love the McNair comparison in that article

He definitely has a cannon. Highlight film displays more playmaker than true quarterbacking. Hopefully senior film shows a bit more.

For being on film, the ball does get from point A to point B in a short period of time.

@JeffSentell said:
    Criswell folks. That thing has had some legs to it.

Lots of things to like about that young gun.

Thanks Jeff- regarding QBs, some chatter on concerns about Ashford's productivity. Where do things stand now with Ashford and UGA?

• bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:
    So Darnell Wright definitely will not make an OV to UGA? Was there an article on that?

I was told he wasn’t going to visit. Not sure if an article has been released or not.

Tennessee bound

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rivals100 athlete Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby is a man of few words, but he can play multiple positions on the football field. The No. 38 prospect nationally in the class of 2020 is already approaching 35 offers, with some on the defensive side of the ball. But he knows he wants to play on the offensive side at the next level.

Georgia is happy to oblige, with Dell McGee and Kirby Smart recruiting the four-star athlete at the running back position.

“We have a really close relationship," Bigsby said of running back coach Dell McGee. "He talks to me and tells me things a lot. I've been up there two times. I was up there for the Georgia-Auburn game. It's good, just really nice.”

Having an elite offensive line is an incentive the Peach State' No. 5 overall junior is seeking.

“If you have a good offensive line, then I don’t get touched as much," Bigsby said. "So yeah, it is important.”

Having the big men up front is important, but are there any guys in particular the Callaway High standout would like to play with?

“I'd like to play with anyone who can help me get to the next level. I want to create my own legacy," Bigsby said. “I don’t have to play with big time players. I just want to play against other big time players. Make my own mark.”

Bigsby plans to visit schools he hasn't seen during the spring.

“I'm going to go up north and see how those schools are," Bigsby said. "I've already been to all the schools in the south.”

MORE: “I want to trim it down this month or next month. I'll commit probably before my senior season.”

@tiger_62082 said:
    Rivals100 athlete Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby is a man of few words, but he can play multiple positions on the football field. The No. 38 prospect nationally in the class of 2020 is already approaching 35 offers, with some on the defensive side of the ball. But he knows he wants to play on the offensive side at the next level.

Georgia is happy to oblige, with Dell McGee and Kirby Smart recruiting the four-star athlete at the running back position.

“We have a really close relationship," Bigsby said of running back coach Dell McGee. "He talks to me and tells me things a lot. I've been up there two times. I was up there for the Georgia-Auburn game. It's good, just really nice.”

Having an elite offensive line is an incentive the Peach State' No. 5 overall junior is seeking.

“If you have a good offensive line, then I don’t get touched as much," Bigsby said. "So yeah, it is important.”

Having the big men up front is important, but are there any guys in particular the Callaway High standout would like to play with?

“I'd like to play with anyone who can help me get to the next level. I want to create my own legacy," Bigsby said. “I don’t have to play with big time players. I just want to play against other big time players. Make my own mark.”

Bigsby plans to visit schools he hasn't seen during the spring.

“I'm going to go up north and see how those schools are," Bigsby said. "I've already been to all the schools in the south.”

MORE: “I want to trim it down this month or next month. I'll commit probably before my senior season.”

Sounds like a kid who understands what’s up. He will not be between the hedges at RB unless there are 3-4 significant misses. He’ll do well at another SEC school.

This discussion has been closed.