Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that Wyatt is a take. Just saying that we need a spot for him in January. If TT leaves for NFL he probably leaves December after bowl game.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    @bmauldin No way you thought Solomon was going to commit to Georgia last year. I knew that him and Nico weren't planning on committing to Georgia. Now what threw me off was Bryant and Murchison. I don't care for Bryant as much (he's reasoning why he didn't pick Georgia was ****), but Murchison got shafted.

You should've told Kirby that he wasn't going to commit then. Cause they sure were still recruiting him hard all the way to signing day. #youknewnothingjonsnow

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has anyone else noticed that @JeffSentell has been missing in action from this recruiting thread. I bet he is cooking up some commitment concoction somewhere! #godawgs

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Denmen185 said:
    I think that Wyatt is a take. Just saying that we need a spot for him in January. If TT leaves for NFL he probably leaves December after bowl game.

he is the #1 rated JUCO Prospect. He is a take for everyone

@sethemerson @JeffSentell Looking ahead and I realize way too early to project but I have a question. To have early enrollees we need seniors to graduate in December or transfers out to occur at the end of the Fall semester. With regard to the Seniors I am assuming that even though they have graduated and hence not signed up for the Spring semester which starts January 4th that they would be allowed to play in the National Championship game January 8th (i.e. after the start of spring). Is this correct and is there special dispensation that allows an early enroll to say take Chubb's scholarship Jan 4th even though he is still "in school" and on the team? I assume that as he is only getting benefits other than tuition that is okay but not sure.

• chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 151 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SavannahDawg1 said:

^This. Wyatt is an athletic freak. Just wait until Sinclair gets a hold of him. (See Tyler Clark)

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    @sethemerson @JeffSentell Looking ahead and I realize way too early to project but I have a question. To have early enrollees we need seniors to graduate in December or transfers out to occur at the end of the Fall semester. With regard to the Seniors I am assuming that even though they have graduated and hence not signed up for the Spring semester which starts January 4th that they would be allowed to play in the National Championship game January 8th (i.e. after the start of spring). Is this correct and is there special dispensation that allows an early enroll to say take Chubb's scholarship Jan 4th even though he is still "in school" and on the team? I assume that as he is only getting benefits other than tuition that is okay but not sure.

Good question.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattanoogadawg said:

@SavannahDawg1 said:

^This. Wyatt is an athletic freak. Just wait until Sinclair gets a hold of him. (See Tyler Clark)

That speed and quickness is SICK!

@tiger_62082 said:

@DawgsofWar said:
    @bmauldin No way you thought Solomon was going to commit to Georgia last year. I knew that him and Nico weren't planning on committing to Georgia. Now what threw me off was Bryant and Murchison. I don't care for Bryant as much (he's reasoning why he didn't pick Georgia was ****), but Murchison got shafted.

This! Solomon and Collins were CLEARLY not coming. Aubrey even refused an in home visit. I also thought the tea leaves were clear on Bryant, whose comments very early on indicated that he didn't know how to be PC or respectful. Hutchison was definitely hosed as was Toeneil. We also stopped recruiting Warner III and closed with BRINI & STOKES, who are both safety projects

$$$$$$$$$$

Bryant'sReasoning ...

^^^^^ Bryant's reasoning....

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

Just to give some insight here. They would be allowed to play in the game even if they graduate. Now to the scholarship part. A player who graduates in December can opt to use the scholarship in the spring on graduate classes. Many guys do this because why not allow the school pay for some grad classes. Now I know that's not ideal for recruiting but this can happen. My friend who played at auburn last year graduated in the fall and used the scholarship on graduate school in the spring. Scholarship last until the summer like June 1st before they hit the next "cycle" or "year". Depending on what term you want to use there.

@dbrown7494 said:

@Denmen185 said:

Just to give some insight here. They would be allowed to play in the game even if they graduate. Now to the scholarship part. A player who graduates in December can opt to use the scholarship in the spring on graduate classes. Many guys do this because why not allow the school pay for some grad classes. Now I know that's not ideal for recruiting but this can happen. My friend who played at auburn last year graduated in the fall and used the scholarship on graduate school in the spring. Scholarship last until the summer like June 1st before they hit the next "cycle" or "year". Depending on what term you want to use there.

I understand that but many who graduate, Chubb, Michel, Carter etc tend to leave and go to various camps for NFL combine training etc.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 then they are not enrolled in school so there scholarships are open for someone to use come the spring semester

@dbrown7494 said:
    @Denmen185 then they are not enrolled in school so there scholarships are open for someone to use come the spring semester

As I said in the original post (if you read the entire thing) I THINK it's okay but want to ask the experts to verify my thinking that Chubb for instance is no longer enrolled in UGA but can get Food, Lodging, Travel etc and represent the university in the game without being classified as being on "scholarship" and counting as part of the 85. If you are a rules expert then TY. I don't think that this issue effects Bama as the school doesn't begin the spring semester until after the NCG is played.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Build it they will Come" It may or may not be soon, but the longer we wait the more commiting together rapid fire in a shorter window.

@dbrown7494 said:

@Denmen185 said:

Does that apply to early enrollees? Does their scholarship not run Jan-Dec? Can they stay on scholarship for more than 5 years without it being an impermissible benefit (other than getting an additional year of eligibility).

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

@Denmen185 said:

Does that apply to early enrollees? Does their scholarship not run Jan-Dec? Can they stay on scholarship for more than 5 years without it being an impermissible benefit (other than getting an additional year of eligibility).

I'm pretty sure that a school can keep anyone on scholarship (like as an undergrad assistant) as long as they like, if their eligibility is up and it wouldn't count against their 85. As long as they have no eligibility left, they aren't on the (official roster) and don't count. I think.

Wiltfong's weekly recruiting update

http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-recruiting-Justin-Fields-top-targets-take-in-Georgias--108059609?utm_content=bufferf1764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also, UGA just offered Matthew Hill. To me that means 1 of the Juniors is leaving or that Webb's move to DB may be more than a short-term thing.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@afroche4 said:
    I am betting that a bunch commit together or on the same day after this past visit they shared. Wouldn't be surprised if they talked about it and concocted some grand reveal.....or is that just wishful thinking??

I've long been a believer that they're planning something big together. A lot of @JeffSentell interviews seem to indicate that they all know what they're doing, where they're going, and who they'll be playing with. When they say that they're planning something big, I'm imagining one mass commit - hopefully in one big video highlighting them all. That's certainly never been done before (that I know of) and definitely counts as special. I feel like one day we'll wake up, go to work, and at the end of a single day, Georgia will have jumped to the top of the 2018 class.

Upside to this is also that if they commit together, they'd be less likely to de-commit. They're already in it together as a team.

This discussion has been closed.