Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Muffingod said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Muffingod said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@brentwilson said:
    I think we won't see another commit until late November

Yeah. Was told last night expect the weekend. Saw another poster that’s highly respected on 247 say Nov. for same player. This is the player that didn’t go public with news 45 days ago when we heard he would. Again timelines are what they are, difficult to predict.

Boo! I want all the commits now!

All that matters is that he’s been silent committed for over a month. Firm believer that staff has hand in these announcements.

Thank you for the insight, after the de-commitment of JH I was sort of expecting an annoucement of a new commit to offset the negative news. I’ve kind of been a believer that they sort of plan these if they can and the recruit is ok with it. Maybe they were ok with Cine being about a week away and we’re ok with it.

I don’t know if you read the article that was posted on the board about the OK State commit (I’m sure you did, you know far more than I do) that we’re considering but I got a laugh out of some of the comments that said something along the lines of “Georgia is reeling, they just had 3 de-commitments in the last week”. They have no clue about what it sounds like the staff is putting together.

In fairness JH caught staff off guard. Others were planned for long while. There are significant battles above. Coming off of the reveal, the must hits listed above, I believed we’d hit 99.9% with all silents minus Dean (Dean was only non silent at the time). Now Stevenson and Dean are battles so much more excitement/intrigue to the close.

• Options
    edited October 2018

@RPMdawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Muffingod said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@brentwilson said:

Yeah. Was told last night expect the weekend. Saw another poster that’s highly respected on 247 say Nov. for same player. This is the player that didn’t go public with news 45 days ago when we heard he would. Again timelines are what they are, difficult to predict.

Boo! I want all the commits now!

All that matters is that he’s been silent committed for over a month. Firm believer that staff has hand in these announcements.

Does that mean there may not be room because of getting a higher rated player. So their holding him off or?

I don’t believe so. This player would be in class as room has been made for him.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Good time to note staffs evaluation may not necessarily match industry’s evals

Suggesting that the UGA staff might not be grading Pappoe as high as other services?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Suggesting that the UGA staff might not be grading Pappoe as high as other services?

Maybe not at ILB. If he wants to play star/DB for us we might take him.

He may still feel like he can be the man in auburn though

• Options

@Kasey said:

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I'm pretty sure the Barn is recruiting him as a Star/Nickel back instead of a LB already. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Options

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Not wasn’t meant to be cryptic, sorry. Dent is rated higher than all of our primary CB targets. Notice he’s smaller than the others. That’s what I wanted to outline with that last statement. I could still see a situation that if a 5th DB is taken and both Dent and Daniel wanted in, Daniel could get nod due to being a DSGB, bigger, and class separation. Obviously, Dent just poops on competitors’ recruiting rankings if we we’re to land him. Just some mutual interest has streets talking.

• Options

@RandomFan said:

@Kasey said:

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I'm pretty sure the Barn is recruiting him as a Star/Nickel back instead of a LB already. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That’s not my understanding. ILB. Recruiting pitch was actually “we’re going to use you like UGA used Roquan”.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Got a PM so thought I’d add...Nick Cross, #5th ranked safety per 247. If he makes it to campus, likely a done deal. Mutual interest is very high. Staff now wants 2 safeties in this class. Expect attrition at the safety position from 2017 class. Hopefully we can connect the dots on this without further details...

Anyone who’s been paying attention to 2017 guys playing time I think we know who may be moving on

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Got a PM so thought I’d add...Nick Cross, #5th ranked safety per 247. If he makes it to campus, likely a done deal. Mutual interest is very high. Staff now wants 2 safeties in this class. Expect attrition at the safety position from 2017 class. Hopefully we can connect the dots on this without further details...

Big time recruiting is a blood sport, isn't it?

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg hmm hope that doesnt mean #8 :pensive:

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cf_ugaman said:

He is in the two deep, I’d look at guys not playing at all

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg true... I mean we took what 7 DBs in that class...def expected to lose some of them

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just saw Nolan Smith announced he will be taking all 5 of his official visits, the first being to Bama.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@brentwilson said:
    Just saw Nolan Smith announced he will be taking all 5 of his official visits, the first being to Bama.

I believe this was somewhat expected. Better to have Bama 1st and not last or next to last.

• Options

@brentwilson said:

I think he was always gonna do that yea?

• Options

@cf_ugaman said:

You're looking at Bishop and/or Brini on this one.

• Options

@RandomFan said:

@cf_ugaman said:

im betting both...bishop with his off the field issues and i dont know if i have seen any of brini on the field...

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cf_ugaman said:

@RandomFan said:

@cf_ugaman said:

im betting both...bishop with his off the field issues and i dont know if i have seen any of brini on the field...

Haven't seen much of Ameer Speed either.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@brentwilson said:

No public news today.

This discussion has been closed.