Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Your Top 5 artist or band from 85’ - 95’

12346»

Comments

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

@pgjackson Black Sabbath. Yet another band I saw during the summer of '71 at Chicago's Auditorium Theater. Amazing venue, great acoustics, with red velvet seats. Couldn't believe they'd hold a hard rock concert in that place. And let people like us into that place. A total smoke fest.

If I recall it correctly, there were some folks that didn't appreciate Black Sabbath. Didn't sit well with some of the fans of the British Invasion period. Groups like LZ, Blind Faith/Cream, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, and others. Clapton,Beck, Page were deemed more advanced musicians.

And disrespected in the movie 200 motels that featured Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.

But that was then. Now, they have the respect as one of the most influential bands in rock history.

And I love the solo work by Osbourne, especially No More Tears and the live performance of Mr. Crowly from '81 you can catch on YouTube.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 18,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That must have been incredible seeing a young Black Sabbath. I saw Ozzy in 86 on his Ultimate Sin tour. The guy is phenomenal. BS was so different at the time that a lot of people just didn't understand what was happening. They were truly pioneering new music. They were never considered elite musicians individually, but the music they created literally influenced everything that came after. They are probably the most influential group in rock history.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,246 mod

I didn’t like them at the time, but The Replacements and Hüsker Dü are two of my favorites.

• CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate