Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

TCU scouting report from Michigan vantage point: A warning for the Georgia football team

124»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

One man's opinion. Sounds like the read was to hand the ball off to KMcI with a huge hole in front of him instead of read yourself into a play where you barely escaped taking a loss.

The wheel route ball was 5 yards underthrown. Just like the 4 yard "pass"/lateral to a running to the sideline McC . It wasn't even supposed to be a lateral. SBIV got antsy and dumped it of early . He short armed it to McC feet. Anyone with eyes can see that.

As someone said, never saw a wheel route with a read option for the RB. KMcI got behind the LB and SBIV underthrew it.

But it still surprises me that people are surprised when SBIV does that. He has been doing the same things for 3 yrs. In fact, had the OSU DB not fallen down , that completion is doubtful. Way underthrown. ASmith almost had to stop in order to catch the ball.

SBIV was the reason UGA was still in the game in the 4thQ. SBIV was the reason OSU was still in the game in the 4thQ. CKS was clearly not happy with SBIV's play. SBIV was the only player CKS called out.

The deep end is just fine here. Maybe in few years you can swim here too.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Be happy in your own little world. You’ve been a Stetson hater for a long time—won’t bother trying to respond to your uninformed posts in the future. Meanwhile, I’ll be enjoying the career of the best college QB to ever take a snap at UGA. 🤣

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DallasDawg NO Sarcasm at you. The majority of the time I tend to agree with your comments on here. Not every single thing you say, but the vast majority of the time. Reporters are human beings. And as human beings they Can and Do make mistakes. And as human beings Even though they are professional reporters I believe it’s entirely possible that their True Emotions could leak into what they write. I’ve read the countless back & forth comments between Mike & fans concerning Stetson on here. I’ve complimented Mike on here several, several times. I think he’s a good guy. I like and appreciate his articles. I’ve never weighed in on the issue until today. I wanted to believe there was no personal bias against Stetson coming from Mike. But he made some comments today that frankly shocked me !!Reporters are supposed to be as factual as possible correct ?? Mike states in his comments that there are Dawgs players ( plural) who are tired of Stetson “getting all the glory”. Will he state Which players ?? Can he give sampling’s of their comments that cause him to believe they resent Stetson ?? He went on to refer to Dawgs fans that are proud of Stetson and support him in a Very negative tone calling them “the army of supporters”. As if it’s a Bad thing that allot of fans like Stetson. Then at the last he seems to attempt to school and teach fans that it’s a Team sport. Isn’t Stetson an integral part of the team ?? Again I’ve never weighed in on it until today. I tried hard to put on blinders. I Really did. But I have to be honest Mike has made so many negatively toned comments regarding Stetson on DN it’d be hard to count them all. I tried to say Well he’s just trying to be objective. He’s doing a David Pollack thing he doesn’t want to come on as to much of a homer. But David works for ESPN he Can’t homer to much on there as he’d lose his job eventually if he kept at it. This is DAWG Nation so a reporter here doesn’t have to worry about a little homerism. Mike’s comments also implied that Dawgs fans don’t give the other players much credit, glory, and bragging on them. You Know that’s not true !! This site is chock full of fans bragging on other players (Dawgs) Allot !! I’m sorry Dallas but these comments from Mike were/are the proverbial straw, I believe that Mike does have a bias and even malice toward Stetson. Though I don’t understand why. At the bare minimum his comments here went over the top as a reporter. One last note Referees are human to. But the number of No Calls for holding by OSU was absolutely out of this world !! I’m no expert but I’ve watched Tons of football, and the Refs only called holding One time all night long !! Setting aside MY Dawgs homerism as I’m sure there were times we held to, Refs Are gonna miss some on Both teams. But Wow they missed a Bunch on OSU !! Here’s Mikes comments read it carefully for yourself. At a bare minimum it’s oozing with negativity. I feel like it was uncalled for. Here: I've talked to people on the team, it was a wheel route -- some grow tired of other players being blamed and Stet's army giving him all the praise while many other Georgia players who have contributed heavily have been overlooked and underappreciated -- this is a TEAM EFFORT. Stet did not play 60 minutes of good football, and by his own admission played 30 minutes of bad football.

People want so bad for the narrative to go a certain way they blame others and create faulty film study.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Okay Chief. Not a SBIV hater at all. I have never said he is not a good player. Sometimes he can be very good. But he has limitations and he has been consistently inconsistent for 3 seasons. To NOT acknowledge that is living in a world not inhabited by 98% of CFB writers, reporters and fans. Sounds like you live in your own world.

What you are enjoying is a game managing QB for an elite program that CKS has elevated to 1A or 1B (depending on if AL wins more championships before Saban retires). Everyone argued that UGA's OL should've won the Joe Moore Award last year and this year. That puts SBIV behind the best OL in CFB with weapons like Pickens (see miracle catch vs AL) and BB's. SBIV SHOULD be killin it!

Truthfully, "the best college QB to ever take a snap at UGA" is not a very distinguished list. From a winning at the college level to excelling at the professional level that bar is set pretty low. To disagree with that is to ignore CFB history.

BTW the last UGA QB to win a CFBCG before SBIV was 1/12 passing for 7 yards in the CFBCG. Not exactly a high bar.

Sounds like you are afraid to respond to my "uniformed" posts for fear of being "informed".. Everything I said looks pretty informed to me.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson is a human being to. Yes he’s made mistakes. Some have been really bad. But he’s 28-3 as the starting QB. You just don’t do that by luck. Yes he’s been surrounded by Great teammates. They deserve Huge credit. But Stetson is Also an integral part of the team. He only lacks 77 more yds. to pass Murray’s leading single season ydg. record at UGA !! If he gets 177 yds. he will be The First 4000+ ydg. single season in UGA history !! Other than putting on a cape and flying around the stadium I don’t know what else the young man can do to earn respect. AGAIN Yes it absolutely takes a Team. And I can’t brag on them enough, last year and this year. But the same can be said of Caleb Williams he has to have his team to be great. Should it be pointed out that his team lost to Tulane ? And CJ Stroud has his team to be great to. Should we be reminded of the final for him and his team ? Both Williams & Stroud are indeed Great QBs. But they Have to have the support of their teams to be great to. Some things just don’t fit in to neat little compartmentalized Stat boxes. And that last I think is one of the primary things about Stetson Bennett. He has defied or over come what ever words you choose to use the prototypical image of the norm for Great QB. He was a 3 star out of HS where these other guys were 5 stars. He doesn’t have the prototypical size. He wasn’t offered a scholarship to UGA initially but was a walk on. I mean even Kirby has said numerous times they ( him and the coaching staff) didn’t think he Could or Would play but time and again he kept proving why he Should !! All these things said I sure Hope for Stetson and our Dawgs sakes he has a Great game and wins the Natty. But EVEN if he doesn’t I will Always be Very Proud of Stetson and This Dawgs Team and Last Years Dawgs Team !! He and They have brought much, much happiness to this ole Dawgs fan’s heart. Sure would Love It if Stetson and our Dawgs can do it one more time !! Go Dawgs !!