Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A New Thread On Why The AJC Sucks The Life Out Of Everything They Write About...

2»

Comments

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I used to read ANC, NYT, and Wash Post daily. Had the AJC delivered to me daily as a student at UGA. Ahhhh those were the days…

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ForestryDawg By far the most important thing for Jalen in pursuing his NFL Dream was to get this case settled and avoid jail time -- that's what NFL teams were most concerned about, as a trial could have led to more charges. Now, with a plea bargain deal in hand, Carter can move on.

It really doesn't change what happened or make it any less disappointing, and if JC wasn't a football player and this had happened in your neighborhood you would probably take a different approach.

It is what it is. Attacking the messenger doesn't change what happened, it just keeps the conversation going. We all have jobs to do, and I can tell you I did not become a sports reporter to have to write on crime. Unfortunately, sometimes those things intersect.

There's a really good story about how this Georgia team is moving forward, and I started a thread on that good news on this page.

Again, unfortunately, people don't want to discuss the good news as much or see how Kirby and his players are moving forward. To me, that's a fantastic story.

Always welcome feedback, as it allows a chance to discuss, and that's what this board is for. Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's that thread if you want to read and comment on good news -- people tell me they want that all the time, but you can look at the views and decide for yourself if that is true?

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With your prodigious contribution of 52 posts, it would be a real tragedy to lose you. 🙄

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith What are you even talking about? "Again, unfortunately, people don't want to discuss the good news as much or see how Kirby and his players are moving forward. To me, that's a fantastic story." That is what we fans care about. Haven't clicked once on an AJC article or yours on JC's issues with the law.