Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who are you "allowed" to root for?

2»

Comments

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@KingoftheSouth said:
    I went to UGA and I root for in some order:

1) Georgia
    2) whoever benefits UGa
    2b) whoever is playing bama
    3) whoever I bet on
    4) underdogs
    5) Mike Leach
    6) Georgia schools other than UGA
    7) whoever is playing Florida
    8) whoever is playing Ohio state
    9) the team with the best uniforms
    10) the over

This is close to my list also.

And I always say my college didn’t have a football team so I’m allowed

Kasey,,,where the heck did you go to school? It seems like more and more schools are adding football these days.

Went to Augusta State Univeristy for a bit and then finished at city college in New York.

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@KingoftheSouth said:

1) Georgia
    2) whoever benefits UGa
    3) whoever I bet on
    4) underdogs
    5) Mike Leach
    10) the over

Kasey,,,where the heck did you go to school? It seems like more and more schools are adding football these days.

Went to Augusta State Univeristy for a bit and then finished at city college in New York.

Ah, ASU. Better known for some basketball and some golf.

And some horrendous name changes

LOL! Aziz had them fired up for awhile, that's for sure.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thehutch40 said:
    I didn't go to UGA but I was never given a choice as to which team I supported. Both parents went to UGA and my old man played baseball and walked on for football as well. Pretty sure he would disown me if I became a fan of some other school. Heck, my mom got her doctorate from Bama and he still gives grief for it. I got into UGA but I wanted to play baseball in college and wasn't good enough to get a scholarship at that level so I went to an awesome school just down 441, but I'll be a DGD for as long as the good lord lets me.

Hutch, where did you play your college ball?

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2017

@donm said:

@thehutch40 said:
    I didn't go to UGA but I was never given a choice as to which team I supported. Both parents went to UGA and my old man played baseball and walked on for football as well. Pretty sure he would disown me if I became a fan of some other school. Heck, my mom got her doctorate from Bama and he still gives grief for it. I got into UGA but I wanted to play baseball in college and wasn't good enough to get a scholarship at that level so I went to an awesome school just down 441, but I'll be a DGD for as long as the good lord lets me.

Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FredBear said:

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@KingoftheSouth said:

1) Georgia
    2) whoever benefits UGa
    3) whoever I bet on
    4) underdogs
    5) Mike Leach
    10) the over

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

@Kasey said:

@KingoftheSouth said:

1) Georgia
    2) whoever benefits UGa
    3) whoever I bet on
    4) underdogs
    5) Mike Leach
    10) the over

Ah, ASU. Better known for some basketball and some golf.

And some horrendous name changes

LOL! Aziz had them fired up for awhile, that's for sure.

They finally got it right. Augusta University, go jags. Haha

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was a Redcoat in the '70s.

I pull against Auburn and Florida every time they play. I hate those lowlife bottom feeders.

I pull for every other team on our schedule until they play us, including Georgia Tech.

When we beat those teams, the better their record the more it benefits us.

@thehutch40 said:

@donm said:

@thehutch40 said:

Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville

I was at West Georgia and watched most of their baseball games. What years did you play? I'm wondering if I might have seen you play.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman , If attending the school was a requirement for being a fan, Alabama and UT wouldn't be able to fill their stadiums on gameday. One of my best friends grew up in N. Georgia, went to GA Southern, and is the biggest UT fan I've ever met. Just try telling him he's not a true fan... He's a big guy, and you'll regret it. It's about having that "fight" in you for the sake of your team.

The fact that you made the effort to post on a UGA forum because you felt passionately enough about this, proves you're a fan. You have that fight in you.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to admit it, but gotta pull for the Irish today.

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

04-05 but I don't think I ever pitched against the them.

• chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@amjadawgs said:
    Hate to admit it, but gotta pull for the Irish today.

I agree. It only helps us.

@thehutch40 said:
    04-05 but I don't think I ever pitched against the them.

I was there until 06, so I'm sure I saw your team play. May have seen you jogging around or warming up or stretching.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    @BiffLowman , If attending the school was a requirement for being a fan, Alabama and UT wouldn't be able to fill their stadiums on gameday. One of my best friends grew up in N. Georgia, went to GA Southern, and is the biggest UT fan I've ever met. Just try telling him he's not a true fan... He's a big guy, and you'll regret it. It's about having that "fight" in you for the sake of your team.

The fact that you made the effort to post on a UGA forum because you felt passionately enough about this, proves you're a fan. You have that fight in you.

I'm 6'4" 265 so I get say so in who I root for, also. Good point about those stadiums being half empty. I don't know too many Bama fans who actually went there.

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@thehutch40 said:
    May have seen you jogging around or warming up or stretching.

:#:#:# yea that's not creepy or anything