Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why does everyone want bad hires?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winning and staying healthy are the two most important factors. In a year from now, no one will care what the scheduled looked like if we win the SEC or make the playoff. Easier to do both if your team is not getting beat up every week.

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tymoon31 said:
    I get what yall are saying, but i would much rather beat good teams and hang our hats on that. Im tired of hearing the East is the worst division in the country.

Would you much rather lose to good teams too? Because that's the other side of the coin.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@KingoftheSouth said:

@tymoon31 said:
    I get what yall are saying, but i would much rather beat good teams and hang our hats on that. Im tired of hearing the East is the worst division in the country.

Would you much rather lose to good teams too? Because that's the other side of the coin.

Well yea I realize that. But I'd like to beat the best and keep building up.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@tymoon31 said:
    I see a lot of you want all these SEC teams to make bad hires. I'm the opposite. I want better competition in the East. Look at how bad it was this year and then we go to auburn and get straight whooped. Think that may have to do with playing garbage teams all year?

I do agree to an extent and the perfect example is right in front of us. We won't have foreign invaders from strange countries like Oklahoma using the weakness of the SECe conference as a talking point. As long as Kirby gets us to an elite level for domination and the other teams are just good enough to make the conference look good I could care less.

That's pretty much what I mean. I want them to be just good enough to play for 3 qtrs or so. And Kirby to keep bringing in the recruiting domination and some more sec titles.