Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Need help for my daughter's report re: Jake Fromm

cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited February 2018 in General

My seven-year-old daughter picked Jake Fromm to do a report about leadership. We have researched a number of his stats and performance highlights both on the baseball field and the Gridiron.
What I want her to know is that he is a good person and a leader off the field as well. I have found a few instances where he has volunteered his time to help kids, do any of you have any further Insight or references for any of his off-the-field volunteering?

Thank you so much in advance.

Comments

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, he dropped everything a few weeks ago to return to Warner Robins and visit an ill high school classmate who was in the hospital. I don't remember exactly what illness this girl suffers from, but there he was, without hesitation.

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2018

I found that and his work with extra special people of Watkinsville.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The other athletes here on campus didn't like Jacob Eason because he was a douchebag but they all love Jake Fromm. Those are the people who are around him day in and day out. I don't have any specific stories to offer you on him though.

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

@TheSmartWay said:
    The other athletes here on campus didn't like Jacob Eason because he was a douchebag but they all love Jake Fromm. Those are the people who are around him day in and day out. I don't have any specific stories to offer you on him though.

Thank you for the Insight, however, I am not sure a second grade project can mention ****.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

Great insight.
    Now, how can we reword that for a seven-year-old's report...

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@TheSmartWay said:

I will always appreciate what Jacob Eason did with Georgia throughout 2016. He was truly the first GOOD QB Georgia had since Aaron Murray so I can't take anything away from him, but once that unlucky injured happen in the 1st quarter of the App State game (which I attended) Jake Fromm came in and it seemed like Fromm wanted it more from the start. I was hearing stories about in the 2017 off season how Fromm put in a lot more film tape afford and study than Eason. I believe Eason was capable of being a much better version of Stafford, but Fromm put in a lot more work. Both were 5 stars from high schools from different locations. It's sad we never got to see Eason to his fullest potential because he played behind a horrible O-line throughout 2016. I remember how David Greene and Matt Stafford struggled early in their sophomore seasons and it looked like there was no hope, but throughout the 2nd half of their sophomore seasons they were on fire breaking records. I believe that's what Eason would have done had he stayed healthy. Honestly, I've never heard of Eason being a **** with athletes around campus but I do know he's way more of a west coast kid though.

• Eason4HeismanEason4Heisman Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Y'all need to stack attacking Jacob! He was the GOAT QB and if not for his injury could have led the Dogs to the promised land.
    I know it, and you know it.
    Absolutely uncalled for to bash Jacob on here and I hope the mods do something about it,

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Eason4Heisman said:
    Y'all need to stack attacking Jacob! He was the GOAT QB and if not for his injury could have led the Dogs to the promised land.
    Absolutely uncalled for to bash Jacob on here and I hope the mods do something about it,

Agree. Someone hears a “story” about him being downtown and all of a sudden he’s a Kenny stabler or broadway joe. Some folks seem to find it easier to believe negative stories quite easily and “run” with the story as if it’s a fact. Sad.

edited February 2018

@Eason4Heisman said:

Eason 4 Heisman lol dude you're still on here? You need to let Eason go finally. Look I enjoyed Eason too but the 2017 season played out how it did. Nothing any of us could do to control that. It always seem like you're obsessed with him like a girlfriend. Also, no other pocket passing QB starting in that national title game would have made a difference between winning or losing against Alabama. Only a dual threat QB (or a QB with legit passing skills) would have made the difference. A college football team playing eye formation (or running the ball) the majority of the time hasn't beaten Alabama since LSU in 2011 which was a final score of 9-6. Eason wouldn't have done hardly any different than Fromm had he stayed healthy all year. Sorry man, get over it.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@Eason4Heisman said:

I'll stack if you stack

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

There was NO need to throw Eason into this conversation. The topic was specifically Fromm, not "Which UGA QB is best liked." Not only did you attempt to drag Eason through the mud, you actually had nothing to assist the OP in his search.

I'm assuming that you are friends with ALL the other athletes on campus to feel capable of making such a statement. At least everyone but Nauta who if i'm not mistaken wrote a fairly nice message to Eason when it was discovered he was definately leaving.

Bush League post !!!!!!!!!!!

Never said that no one liked Eason at all or that he was a bad guy, just that he was a ****. Ask any female athlete (or KD) at UGA. Try living here with him for two years and see how many stories you hear. My point was simply that everyone that spends time with Fromm likes him as a person. Find something else to complain about o:)

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

There was NO need to throw Eason into this conversation. The topic was specifically Fromm, not "Which UGA QB is best liked." Not only did you attempt to drag Eason through the mud, you actually had nothing to assist the OP in his search.

I'm assuming that you are friends with ALL the other athletes on campus to feel capable of making such a statement. At least everyone but Nauta who if i'm not mistaken wrote a fairly nice message to Eason when it was discovered he was definately leaving.

Never said that no one liked Eason at all or that he was a bad guy, just that he was a ****. Ask any female athlete (or KD) at UGA. Try living here with him for two years and see how many stories you hear. My point was simply that everyone that spends time with Fromm likes him as a person. Find something else to complain about o:)

You said, and I quote, "The other athletes here on campus didn't like Jacob Eason because he was a douchebag.....". Based on that statement one can only assume that it included all athletes. So now your saying that some athletes liked him and some didn't? And based on your response I assume you are implying that he had trouble with ALL the female athletes, since you said to "Ask any female athlete."

Lastly, I'm not complaining. I just hate when people throw out unsubstantiated rumors in an attempt to ruin someone's reputation.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

@BamaDawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

You said, and I quote, "The other athletes here on campus didn't like Jacob Eason because he was a douchebag.....". Based on that statement one can only assume that it included all athletes. So now your saying that some athletes liked him and some didn't? And based on your response I assume you are implying that he had trouble with ALL the female athletes, since you said to "Ask any female athlete."

Lastly, I'm not complaining. I just hate when people throw out unsubstantiated rumors in an attempt to ruin someone's reputation.

Wish I could have UV your post many more times. And I'm sure that all KD's (since we can ask any of them) are amongst the most reputable of sources of information there are about JE's character.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

There was that story by Sentell I believe around the rose bowl. It was focused on the little league World Series and him stating on live tv his favorite player was his friend who got left off the team. Others were mentioning chipper or Griffey, but he wanted to honor his friend.

@Kasey said:
    Wait...Jake Fromm played in the little league World Series?!

Yeah I saw his documentary on ESPN and SEC Network. He was also on a recruiting commercial as well and Justin Fields is on the latest one.

• DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

He shows his leadership by not shying away from competition in what believes to be his calling. He earns respect and believes in and fights for the people around them with relentless effort and common goal in mind.