Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Need help for my daughter's report re: Jake Fromm

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

There was that story by Sentell I believe around the rose bowl. It was focused on the little league World Series and him stating on live tv his favorite player was his friend who got left off the team. Others were mentioning chipper or Griffey, but he wanted to honor his friend.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Kasey said:
    Wait...Jake Fromm played in the little league World Series?!

Yeah I saw his documentary on ESPN and SEC Network. He was also on a recruiting commercial as well and Justin Fields is on the latest one.

• DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

He shows his leadership by not shying away from competition in what believes to be his calling. He earns respect and believes in and fights for the people around them with relentless effort and common goal in mind.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2018

Maybe call his High School and ask to speak with his coaches and teachers. I would think you could at least contact all of them through an E-mail address found on the schools website.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OP - I think you’re trying way too hard on this report. Is it like 50% of her grade or something? And she’s 7. So this is like 2nd grade?

One thing no one teaches kids is to do tasks with putting in the least effort to get the best results.

Teaching kids to put way too much effort into something when she could achieve the same letter grade with a lot less effort I don’t think is the way you wanna go.

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake is a great person to do a leadership report on. Perhaps Jake Fromm will read this and agree to a face-to-face interview :)

@cusedawg said:

@levander said:
    OP - I think you’re trying way too hard on this report. Is it like 50% of her grade or something? And she’s 7. So this is like 2nd grade?

One thing no one teaches kids is to do tasks with putting in the least effort to get the best results.

Teaching kids to put way too much effort into something when she could achieve the same letter grade with a lot less effort I don’t think is the way you wanna go.

As much as I want her to be like most kids these days and for her to expect to get something for little or no effort she seems to have a desire to learn and do the work! I will break her of that soon and have her only care about meaningless stuff and technology. But for now she is so into this report and learning about leadership, sportsmanship and success that it will have to wait.

Also, for my selfish side, because of Jake Fromm, she has gotten so into UGA football and now wants to go to the Spring game to see him! Watch out BA, she's coming after your job!

Yeah, I probably was presumptuous. If she’s having fun with it, more power to you guys. Just so long as it’s fun.

But what I was talking about wasn’t getting something for nothing. Today’s world, people are BUSY. When you approach a task, the default approach should be “how do I get this done as well as possible with as little effort as possible?” Because the reality is you probably got ten other things to do also. And even if you don’t, resting is not a bad thing.

@DawgBiscuit said:
    Jake is a great person to do a leadership report on. Perhaps Jake Fromm will read this and agree to a face-to-face interview :)

Now you guys are **** Fromm’s time into this 2nd grade report. Can we just write the **** thing up and turn it in already?

@Kasey said:

I’m confused... did I cross something up or misspeak?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,246 mod

@JRT812 said:

@Kasey said:

No I’m being silly bc they always talked about that whenever they were on TV

@Kasey said:

@JRT812 said:

@Kasey said:

No I’m being silly bc they always talked about that whenever they were on TV

Hahaha. I mean there has only been 143 plus articles ranging from his father, coach, preacher, teacher, hairdresser, town bum, etc where they talk about his character and the almighty little league World Series game.

• BrandonD21BrandonD21 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

go back and watch all his post game interviews after the rosebowl and cfp. hes always humble, never takes the credit instead lets you brag on him while he shifts the praise to his teammates. he serves the team not the other way around and that is what makes him a great leader.