Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Need help for my daughter's report re: Jake Fromm

13»

Comments

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBiscuit said:
    Jake is a great person to do a leadership report on. Perhaps Jake Fromm will read this and agree to a face-to-face interview :)

I’m not sure if you’re being facetious and I don’t want to come across as too harsh, but a face-to-face interview for a 7 year old’s research project is borderline asinine.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:

@Kasey said:
    Wait...Jake Fromm played in the little league World Series?!

Yeah I saw his documentary on ESPN and SEC Network. He was also on a recruiting commercial as well and Justin Fields is on the latest one.

Are you referring to QB1 - Beyond the Lights?

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm so old I had to go to the World Book Encyclopedia for my reports in grade school.

As for Eason, it is obvious that he had an adjustment period, but he developed into a really good teammate under some tough circumstances. I noticed on twitter his profile picture is still him in his Georgia uniform and he retweeted a post about a friend of his on the Georgia baseball team.

The QB room is not empty at Washington and they recruited a top level QB in this class. The style of offense will be a better fit for him and provide his family a much lighter travel schedule to follow him. I hope he has great success.

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unfortunately for your daughter's report, much of what makes Fromm a great leader are intangibles and not really quantifiable. I like some of the anecdotal stories you've already found but to me what makes him a great leader is watching the players around him. The way they respond to him, and interact with him shows a level of respect and trust not normally afforded a true freshman. He also did something very few young QBs did...he didn't allow failure to influence his game. Watch replays of him throwing an interception and his body language afterward. He didn't hang his head, he jogged off, got on the phone and kept his chin up. Other players see that and feed off it. Also the moment was never too big...I honestly have never seen a freshman QB be so calm and cool under the brightest lights and on the biggest stages. THAT (the intangibles) is what made him a great leader...and what will make it tough for Justin Fields to take his job.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,134 mod

@BobcatGrad said:
    I'm so old I had to go to the World Book Encyclopedia for my reports in grade school.

Thanks for bringing that up. I would guess almost half of those here never had to research only through hard copies such as encyclopedias. If you didn't have the latest version at home, you hoped the library had it. People take research for granted these days., however more information is available in a nano second....and they still grip.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

@BoroDawg said:

@DawgBiscuit said:
    Jake is a great person to do a leadership report on. Perhaps Jake Fromm will read this and agree to a face-to-face interview :)

I’m not sure if you’re being facetious and I don’t want to come across as too harsh, but a face-to-face interview for a 7 year old’s research project is borderline asinine.

Yes, Boro. He was joking. I was joking too in my response to him.

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgBiscuit said:

Ha! She would probably have a heart attack!

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:

That was our generation's version of Google.