Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

EJ Price

2»

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@bmauldin said:
    Mark Richt has lost control of EJ Price!

@andrews1253 said:
    Did you mean Mark Stoops?

A certain former HC has lost control of the new forum members.

Bahahahaha

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@bmauldin said:
    Mark Richt has lost control of EJ Price!

@andrews1253 said:
    Did you mean Mark Stoops?

A certain former HC has lost control of the new forum members.

Bahahahaha

If the end of days happens in my lifetime I will kiss my wife and hug my boys in close to reassure them everything will be ok, even though I know it won’t. Then as our impending doom rushes in to wipe out humanity, I will look up to the heavens and my last conscious thought will be this:

Mark Richt has lost control of [incert apocalyptic event here].

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I fail to see what the big deal is, and why people need to speculate about this young man’s life.

Major college athletics isn’t for everyone. I wish him luck in whatever he chooses for his life. If it’s continuing playing at a smaller school, becoming just a regular student (I was one of those it was pretty awesome), or joining the work force.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

@TheSmartWay said:

@ihateusernames said:
    I fail to see what the big deal is, and why people need to speculate about this young man’s life.

Major college athletics isn’t for everyone. I wish him luck in whatever he chooses for his life. If it’s continuing playing at a smaller school, becoming just a regular student (I was one of those it was pretty awesome), or joining the work force.

I think it's being discussed because people became invested in his college decision. That really gives us two reasons to talk about it. I know for me, when I keep up with and get hyped up about a kid like this, he's got a little corner of my heart and I start to care about the guy as a person. So I believe on some level many of us just hope he's going to be okay due to some of the concerning twists in his life of late. That's the first reason we're discussing it. Additionally, from more of the "fan" perspective, it's always fascinating to follow former recruits. This is a guy that came up again and again in the class of 2016, then popped back up out of nowhere recently before deciding on UK. On that level, it's simply interesting as a fan to follow a guy who's twice been a recruiting possibility especially given his extraordinary circumstances.

I haven't come across any posts here that have been speculative of his personal life to the point of being inappropriate. People are interested in the young man's life and I think we all agree with you in wishing him the best of luck. To sum up my point, I don't think anyone's making a big deal out of this but rather they just care about the kid and are interested in the weird situation with a former recruit.

Excellent response. True fan! DGD

• Options
    ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

What was it Jeff Sentell used to say when Price announced he was leaving USC?

"The University of Georgia is no longer in the EJ Price business" or something very similar

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

This is interesting news because he was a starter at uk

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't do polls, but if I posted one for predicting Price's next move, the options would be:

Georgia Tech

Georgia State

AAF

Retirement

I don't know what his issues are, and I assume it'll take him some time to figure things out. But looking down the road, I'd give even odds on all four possibilities.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia Southern could use him.

• Options

No doubt, but I'm calculating that he'll want to stay in the Lawrenceville or Greater Atlanta area this time around.

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well with how liberal they are now with allowing transfers without having to sit out a year this might no longer be the case, but it use to be unheard of to transfer to 2 different D-1 schools.

My guess is he goes to a D-2 school if he wants to keep playing football. I think the AAF would also be a good option for him if that league is willing to take a chance on a great talent with some drama attached to him.

• Options

Agree with your thinking. Under the old system I wouldn't have considered GT or even Ga State an option. Maybe Kennesaw State. With the way things are now, I've listed the most likely scenarios as I see them.

Under normal circumstances Tech wouldn't take the chance, but they need real O-linemen, and Collins is committed to building a winning program. If Tech passes I could see Price at GS. If he doesn't want to go to school I can definitely see AAF. And if he doesn't want to play football, retirement it is.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He could go to West Ga. they get linemen drafted and invited to the combine.