Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

EJ Price

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So apparently EJ Price, the elite offensive lineman that picked USC over UGA, is now leaving the Kentucky program midway through spring practice. Interesting turn of events to say the least. Probably dodged a bullet with this one.

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting to be sure ....

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! This young man needs some new mentors in his life. This is sad to see.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    So, he sat out a year at Kentucky, after leaving USC. But does he have to sit out another year again (or go the Juco route)? Might need to check him for CTEs, as this is highly unusual behavior. He's probably traumatized that he didn't pick the Dawgs and he's now left searching for the meaning of life at school after school. But nothing will fill that empty void like UGA would've. ;)

I'm not sure if or where he's transferring to. He had some other tweets that made it sound like he might be done with football. Seemed kinda salty about it.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    So, he sat out a year at Kentucky, after leaving USC. But does he have to sit out another year again (or go the Juco route)? Might need to check him for CTEs, as this is highly unusual behavior. He's probably traumatized that he didn't pick the Dawgs and he's now left searching for the meaning of life at school after school. But nothing will fill that empty void like UGA would've. ;)

I'm not sure if or where he's transferring to. He had some other tweets that made it sound like he might be done with football. Seemed kinda salty about it.

That'd be terrible if he hung it up. I'd at least half-@ss it at practice and try to finish school out for a "free" degree, or try to get a medical DQ or something. I know that sounds kind of shady, but hey, college isn't cheap. I'd love a free education one way or the other. Or at worst (if he does in fact want to hang it up), I'd bust my @ss even if I didn't want to be there and get my degree. Worst case in that scenario is you have a college education, even if you didn't want to play. Best case is pro scouts come by and all of sudden you're more interested in playing football when millions of dollars are on the table. Of course, if his parents are loaded, none of what I said matters.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He apparently suffers delusions of grandeur and victimhood. No doubt other schools in the SEC told him thanks but no thanks hen he first left USC under likely similar although less public circumstances. The coaches at Kentucky are certainly more than qualified to do their jobs. Calling them out displays his insufficient grasp of whatever the reality of his situation might be at this time. Best of luck to him.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone's favorite poster down voted me last year when I said this:

georgiaboy Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior July 2017
    @donm said:

» show previous quotes
    But we are still recruiting OL this year and could have tried to get him. Why not, do you think.

Off the field problems most likely. There's a reason he left USC and it's not just homesickness.

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

As hard as it may seem, the guy just might be burned out on football. There is a guy that lives near me that played at Clemson on scholarship, he eventually would be voted into the Clemson hall of fame. After graduating from Clemson as a three year O-Line starter, he signed with Seattle as a free agent. He got up one morning and decided he was done with football and walked away...he is a self employed dock builder now and loves what he does everyday.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:

@georgiaboy said:

@donm said:

» show previous quotes
    But we are still recruiting OL this year and could have tried to get him. Why not, do you think.

Off the field problems most likely. There's a reason he left USC and it's not just homesickness.

You went back 9 months to prove this non-point. Petty much?

How is it a non point? Obviously a big enough deal that there are 2 threads about EJ Price now. The guy had problems but a lot of folks on here wanted UGA to take a shot at him last July. Glad we passed.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like we dodged a bullet here

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bmauldin said:
    Mark Richt has lost control of EJ Price!

Did you mean Mark Stoops?

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dodged a bullet with this kid.

I hope he figures himself out.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:

@donm said:

» show previous quotes

Except that here he is now leaving another program. Might not be off field problems but mental issues like never being satisfied or grass is greener kind of deal. Interesting to say the least.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is the man that kept his word that he referring too?

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Him and his HS teammate Kyle Davis were supposedly two huge “misses” during their respective prep years

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

When he was a senior I watched a recruiting tape with commentary and they questioned his intensity and the fact it appeared he "took some plays off" during games.

The week before signing day he was "Friending" lots of folks at UGA such as academic advisers on FB. Then on signing day he kept re-tweeting and saying "Go Dawgs" every time a player sent in his fax, only to put the USC hat on late that afternoon.

I hope that he gets the help he needs so he can figure out a path for his life.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Man what a difference two years makes