Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I'm still not sold on Scott Stricklin...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So having 1 good but not great season means Strictlin is all of a sudden golden ?
The team is 12-9 in conference play, that is mediocre, not reason to build a statue.
His record at UGA is terrible, he's a long way from proving he's the man for the job in my opinion.
What this likely means is he can have another 3 or 4 years of under producing without getting fired.

That said, I do hope this signals a turn in the program, but color me unconvinced for now.

Comments

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    I’d expect nothing less from you. Thanks for this contribution. Can’t wait for coach rob to join in

this made me chuckle but I'm studying for finals at the top of the MLC (which is a quiet zone for you old folks and bandwagons) so I got some nasty looks.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

A DawgNation meltdown is in the process. Don't think many are concerned about Stricklin at the moment? Allow a recovery period and try again.
    Oh and you ever hear that popular term used by stock brokers? It's a done deal! Remember that Pappoe fans.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@TheSmartWay said:

@Kasey said:
    I’d expect nothing less from you. Thanks for this contribution. Can’t wait for coach rob to join in

this made me chuckle but I'm studying for finals at the top of the MLC (which is a quiet zone for you old folks and bandwagons) so I got some nasty looks.

Hah sorry about that. Glad I could take your mind off it for a bit. You can do it!!

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey said:

Lol, that made my day. I actually think he's done a great job this year and it started with the hiring of the new pitching coach. If you look at the numbers the ERA,BB and opp. BA are all down from last year drastically. Also there were a lot of younger guys that played in the last two years that are now reaping the fruit of those growing pains. The SEC is a very tough conference top to bottom in baseball.

But thanks for the shoutout @Kasey

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stricklin is doing a great job this year. Nobody would ever pick a college baseball team who has 2 weekend starters that are freshman to win as many games as Georgia has won this year. He has also taken care of business against Clemson and tech which are always big wins not to mention has own the other state school that typically have pretty good baseball programs this year. He has his team projected to host and win a regional which we haven’t. Been since like 08 or something like that. Perno basically Richt himself at the end of his time at Georgia. Only difference was the cover was very, very empty and it takes a while to build it back up when other SEC programs have better facilities and better teams to sway kids too. He has a good looking team that is young and better facilities now as well. Also they have dramatically decrease in errors which is huge to help your pitching.

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

12-9 in a conference that makes up almost half of the top 25 nationally. Not too shabby.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    12-9 in a conference that makes up almost half of the top 25 nationally. Not too shabby.

Data placed in context??? What is this wizardry!!!!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sweet baby Jesus, please let football come soon.

• Options
    MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 2018

@WCDawg said:
    So having 1 good but not great season means Strictlin is all of a sudden golden ?
    The team is 12-9 in conference play, that is mediocre, not reason to build a statue.
    His record at UGA is terrible, he's a long way from proving he's the man for the job in my opinion.
    What this likely means is he can have another 3 or 4 years of under producing without getting fired.

That said, I do hope this signals a turn in the program, but color me unconvinced for now.

Have you seen our players bodies & how we look so much stronger & better with the strength showing in the games. Are you just looking for something to talk about. We have never looked this good ever & you say something like that. Now is he the best ever (NO) I wouldn't go that far but he has been worth the praise he has gotten so far up until this point since he has been at UGA

• Options

@MyKeithbb09 said:

@WCDawg said:

Have you seen our players bodies & how we look so much stronger & better with the strength showing in the games. Are you just looking for something to talk about. We have never looked this good ever & you say something like that. Now is he the best ever (NO) I wouldn't go that far but he has been worth the praise he has gotten so far up until this point since he has been at UGA

Players are not models and baseball is not football, how does Altuve look without a shirt ?....who cares.
    Stricklin is not a trainer anyway, his job is to recruit, teach and coach games.

• Options

@JRT812 said:

Drama queens the lot of you.
    Are ANY of you even capable of a conversation without the bs ?

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I, for one, refuse to look this gift horse in the mouth. I was at Foley last weekend and the team, the fans, the atmosphere were electric. The combination of the new pitching coach, some hot young arms, and some talented vets has these Diamond Dawgs playing at a high level. Bottom line, it takes some coaching leadership to put all these parts together. Color this Dawg happy.
    Let's remember, a coach is never as good as his team's winning makes it seem, and never as bad as his team's losing makes it seem!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

Drama queens the lot of you.
    Are ANY of you even capable of a conversation without the bs ?

Woah WC bro... take a deep breath. It’s all good my man.