Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Juniors who could leave early

13»

Comments

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CoachRob16 said:

@corai3 said:
    I said this yesterday on another post yesterday. I think that Clark is the only lock to leave. I said Mecole has a chance with a solid year, but because he's really only in his second year at the position I think he stays. Nauta hasn't done anything to prove he is worthy of leaving. Holyfield might, but I think he stays.

Nauta can't do anything because Chaney won't throw the TE's the ball. Chaney is wasting away TE talent every year and it will come to a point where no good TE's will come to UGA to be underused.

Gimme a break dude. We just got 2 four stars in 2018 and have another this year. We’ll be fine

@donm said:
    Does the NFL offer a service for potential draftees like the NBA does? The NBA gives prospective draftees an evaluation of where they might fit in the draft and what they might need to work on to improve their position. I think the guy that used to do this for the NBA lived in or around Atlanta.

If a player is considering leaving early, he can get a draft grade from the NFL. I believe the only information this draft grade tells prospects is that if they are projected rounds 1-2 to declare, if not return to school

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand that but if they don't start getting used more in the offense, the great TE prospects will stop coming.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:

@donm said:
    Does the NFL offer a service for potential draftees like the NBA does? The NBA gives prospective draftees an evaluation of where they might fit in the draft and what they might need to work on to improve their position. I think the guy that used to do this for the NBA lived in or around Atlanta.

If a player is considering leaving early, he can get a draft grade from the NFL. I believe the only information this draft grade tells prospects is that if they are projected rounds 1-2 to declare, if not return to school

thanks Judas! Appreciate it.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Kasey said:
    Can’t see Cleveland or Kindley leaving early unless they KILL it this year and there’s a dearth of guards coming out. Otherwise they’d be better off returning

Draft is a good point on guards but they’ll likely be on bench watching Hill and Salyer next year. I think Cleveland is poised to have a monster year. Unless Hill moves to center, they still could be watching majority of game.

I feel like people forget how good Cleveland was last year as a redshirt freshman.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Let’s see if Nick, Sony, and Lorenzo’s returning has an impact on what they do.

Those guys returning had a lot to do with a tough 2016 season.

If 2018 is half as successful as 2017 was, I suspect players will be less inclined to stay

Facts.

Meh. ;

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

J.R. Reed could leave early if he has a big year and projects well.