Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final predictions before Thursday's NBA draft...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm confining my predictions to #1, #2 and The Hawks' early picks.
I think Ayton goes 1st, Bagley 2nd and The Hawks go with Jaren Jackson, with a possibility they take Bamba for similar reasons.
While it's not a center's league right now, but Gobert, Davis and Embiid are still winning a lot of games. Both Jackson and Bamba are suited to today's game. They are both very mobile, they can step out and guard the perimeter, plus shoot the basket.

With their 2nd pick I think The Hawks will try to trade up and take a hybrid 6'6'' to 6'8'' type who can defend, shoot and pass.

Comments

• Options

Candidates to move up from 19th to take...

Mykal Bridges, Miles Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander, Zhaire Smith. Smith is just 6'4'', but the SG from T.T. is probably the best athlete in this draft, He might end up being better than some top 5 players.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

Mykal Bridges, Miles Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander, Zhaire Smith. Smith is just 6'4'', but the SG from T.T. is probably the best athlete in this draft, He might end up being better than some top 5 players.

i’m not a hawks fan, but i would like to see them take Bamba at 3rd. however, at 19, miles bridges and SGA are probably both going to be gone. Smith would be a good pick at 19 tho

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I predict the Hawks will blow it and a future HOF inductee will be drafted by another team shortly after #3.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    I predict the Hawks will blow it and a future HOF inductee will be drafted by another team shortly after #3.

That (unfortunately) seems to be their track record over the years. Here's to hoping that changes with THIS draft, & instead we are all pleasantly surprised by some outstanding draft results for the "other birds" from Atlanta. GO HAWKS!!!

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

I’m hoping they announce Danny Ferry is drafting for us right before the draft occurs.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Trae Young falls out of the top 10

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Trae Young falls out of the top 10

I would not be surprised.

• Options

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

i’m not a hawks fan, but i would like to see them take Bamba at 3rd. however, at 19, miles bridges and SGA are probably both going to be gone. Smith would be a good pick at 19 tho

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

I was referring to my OP, which mentioned moving up from the 19th spot to take one of the players I mentioned.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

I’m hoping they announce Danny Ferry is drafting for us right before the draft occurs.

That happens many times. The odds against landing the best available player in and draft is not great past the 1st pick, and then only when a very rare talent comes along.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

Schlenk came from GS, where he was instrumental in their drafts.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the Hawks package some combination of picks and taking on a bad contract or two to move up in the draft. They'll end up with their favorite available big and a new PG.

• Options

@PTDawg said:
    I think the Hawks package some combination of picks and taking on a bad contract or two to move up in the draft. They'll end up with their favorite available big and a new PG.

@PTDawg said:

It's tough to pry a top 10 pick loose without giving up too much. I've thought Gilgeous-Anderson from Kentucky might be a possibility around 11th to 13th though.
    He is a good scorer, a good passer and he's unique among this PG class in that he's 6'6'', has a 7'0'' wingspan and plays good defense. The only negative is he has a slight frame.