Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

youre right it is all speculation but not necessarily unfounded speculation. Based on his past teams and personnel decisions for the bowl game I do get the feeling he wants to be a little more athletic up front. But having like 310-320 pound OLineman is smaller for us, and I don’t think anyone would call that line undersized lol.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I agree with this. But on the other hand, what is the off-season for is not wild fan speculation!

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. Wild fan speculation. Especially since Kirby rarely gives media much access. Which leaves us with wild fan speculation

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Thoughts on Evans - nothing i've seen is really known/proven facts. I still think something may have happened after his NLI was submitted. The NLI includes a FAA detailing the scholarship inc. time-frame, amount etc. Maybe the combination of GPA and ACT scores didn't allow him to enroll early (or something else) in which case the NLI could be deemed null and void as the FAA terms were no longer valid. There may be no dispute between the parties involved, just the "contract" is no longer enforceable. The key question is does Evans enroll at LSU or TAMU before the deadline for spring classes expires. If it was a Kirby/Evans issue alone wouldn't he have just enrolled somewhere else?

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems I remember a couple of articles after Blaske and maybe Willock signing. Maybe Carvell or Griffith not sure. Maybe just a rumor thread.

Also on SEC film room, Rich Rod and or Luke went in depth on their guards pulling aggressively and being used differently to set up run plays for JRP at second level. I will be on lookout for that segment.

• Dawg53Dawg53 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree and not being contrary but you can have “smaller” guards and still like “bigger” tackles. But, like Tex said, if you can play you can play.

• VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks, and I figured most of that. It is especially good to hear that the first one to raise their hand between BG and CW is in. CW's talent is appetizing, but the pretty haired Trevor Lawrence proved you don't need CW's wheels to expand offensive capability from s signal callers perspective.

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I found one article by Chip quoting Blaske Saying Coach Luke likes his wrestling background and wanted more athletic guys up front. That’s not Coach Luke saying that though so not fair to read too much into a recruiting pitch.

Also the SEC film room segment with RR focused more on using the running back to pull on run plays with the guard rather than the guards doing anything special.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Zach Evans is on an OV to Florida today so is not enrolled anywhere at this point

That his his 4th OV (went to Ole Miss yesterday) with 1 left 👀

UPDATE The OV to Florida has just been deleted from his 247 Timeline. Seems like Kiffin made an impression?

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
This discussion has been closed.