Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    A&M, Uga, Bama, Ut, and lsu. He said it on his Instagram live
  • Options
    fibonaccisquaredfibonaccisquared Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Yall both mentioned he updated his Top 5. But where is it? And who are they?"

Saw it reported a few places, not sure if it was on social media or what... but pretty sure he dropped OU and OSU from the list to add Texas and Texas A&M.

FWIW, Rusty seems to think he'll land at A&M and a lot of Texas fans are thinking they aren't really in the mix, he just added them due to the pressure to stay in state.

We'll see how our own RB recruiting plays out... If Tank had as good of a showing as has been let on, it would seem like we'd go ahead and lock it up before the season... As others have mentioned, if we don't do it by then, it would seem that we may still have our eyes on a different prize?

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Interesting. . .
  • Options
  • Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    This news makes the Bresee miss loom even larger. Where do we turn on the DL?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

OL- Dumervil, Parks, Murao, Ratledge 

MVP - Donovan JacksonDL- Tre Willians, Gervon Dexter, BJ Ojulari, Bryan Bresee 
    MVP- Korey Foreman

• Options
    edited July 2019
    @SoFL_Dawg good reps here. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffsentell/status/1146470845860253697

anyone that can embed on this buggy site, go for it. 
  • Options
    As a former HS OL, I’d like to point out that these drills highly favor the DL imo. Having the rest of the line there in place and moving helps a lot (even if that’s less true at tackle). 
  • Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    Yea. In real life a DE cant just spin to the inside every time.
  • Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Could someone with inside info please clarify as to why we haven't gone all in on Timothy Smith? I don't care what his tape suggests, and I'm not about to try to sit here and say I can evaluate DL but it would seem that a lot of people in the industry are high on him, and with our post John Atkins struggles against the run, it is surprising to me that we failed to bring in any big body guys along the DL (320+ lbs) in the 2017,2018,2019,2020 recruiting classes (I stretch back to the 2017 class, because bringing at least 1 guy in in 2017 would have allowed him to red-shirt before having to be forced into the starting rotation if necessary ex. Jordan Davis who was luckily able to contribute right away out of absolute necessity because nobody else being able to be remotely effective). We can have 10-15 blue chip offensive lineman, but only 5 can play at once, as opposed to the DL where you can rotate in 8-10 of those guys evenly, so I don't see why our DL recruiting size wise has been such an issue under Kirby (not blaming Tray Scott). Kirby is the maestro so this issue falls on his shoulders. Kirby picks the guys to go after and I have supreme confidence that he has moved away from these bigger body guys for scheme purposes, otherwise we would have recruited more of them, because Kirby isn't gonna strike out twice in a row much less 4 times in a row (2017-20). I would love if someone could help explain this to me, because as it stands right now Jordan Davis is gonna have a long hard season, and I can't see us making it past Bama in the 4th Quarter if he is the only big body in there with no solid 2nd option to rotate in (J Roc/T Mitchell/T Walker/T Clark/M Carter/D Wyatt/Z Logue/B Norton/T Walthour are all smaller than 320 lbs). The only guy besides J Davis at 320+ is Netori Johnson, who hopefully can figure out the position in order to be able to compete at an SEC & CFP level this year, but I'm at best cautiously optimistic that he will even see the field (I hope he does, because I read the DN article on him a while back and he sounds like a great person, and I hope he tears it up this year).

This discussion has been closed.