Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ringo said he is closer to a decision today than yesterday - and every day that goes by he will be....closer.....closer....and then eventually WHAM!!!!!! DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While that does potentially sound good for the good guys, I hate that these kids are in that position. They are not media savvy, and adults, while not always seeking to manipulate, are in a position to put the players in a tight spot.

• Options
    jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Burroughs didn’t look so good today or it jus me?
  • Options
    Stackhouse on the other hand looked pretty good 
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    He’s struggling...remaining objective he’s getting harder to defend while others are emerging.
  • Options
    I take back what I said about Burroughs cuz once you put pads on it tells the truth he held it down today I was looking at yesterday’s highlights 
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Just watched a few vids of Burroughs now.  He just no longer looks like he’s taking this serious enough.  Body doesn’t look great.  Saw separate vids with and without pads.

Only thing I’ll say in his defense is that he’s a gap plugger.  These event types are not suited for him and what he’ll do at UGA. I still like the power I see in him but he’s getting worked.  I’m not seeing the feet quickness he had last year and I think it’s because of the weight.

Rating drop looks justified currently.
  • Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,891 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @SoFL_Dawg thanks again sir. Just like @JeffSentell, the news you provide is always straight forward, & not sugar coated at all. Even when the news isn’t the best, you are a source that is important to all of us in here at the forum.
  • Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @dgd829 - I'm trying to figure out what you meant when you said that signing Blaylock and Pickens allowed Georgia to sign two projects in Wren and Robinson.

1. If schlorships are so limited this year - why are we signing two "projects"?

2. Why are Robinson and Wren "projects"? Because of their rankings? 
  • Options
    Herschel_TalkerHerschel_Talker Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ Junior
    @texdawg. I took it to mean that last year's 5 stars and Rosemy MAY allow us to take some risks on a couple of guys that we see high upside, but are not yet fully developed and ready to start day one.  It's possible
  • Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
    @texdawg

I think Wren acknowledges he’s a project. Said Hankerton told him the offense he runs doesn’t have him play as a traditional wr so he is going to need to learn how to run routes. 
  • Options
    VarsityVarsity Posts: 173 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure who has/hasn't seen this, but I would love to get Flowe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxUL_tOuLtU Dude is an absolute hammer and would totally fit into the "Savage Dawg" classification..

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah - I don't disagree @VirginiaDawg...it's easy to get blinded by the incredible athleticism of these kids, but at the end of the day they're just that still (kids). He seems like a genuine and sincere young man who was trying to give direct answers to the questions being offered. I don't even think he realized he said "SEC" when the reporter asked the follow-up.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
This discussion has been closed.