Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

The AD was quoted as saying the same (““We are handling some issues in-house...” - Galena Park AD Vivian Dancy”)

The only thing I’ve read from Evans himself was his IG post this AM saying “logging off time to focus on my season”

Seems a lot of the speculation is coming from an Aggie insider

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anybody we are recruiting or already committed that is playing on espn2 tonight? Says Trinity Christian vs Par. Episcopal

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evans also posted the loss has motivated him to beat Katy in December. @razorachilles

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And he posted "I love my team regardless" the day after the Katy loss, as well...lots of "insider" rumors about him being an issue but I've still seen nothing in his acts/words that show him to be anything but a professional and being a good team player.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I worked hard and this motivated me, even more, to keep pushing,” Reed told Dawgs247. “I don’t know too much about Georgia right now, but I plan on getting to know them more.”

“It is not set up yet, but I will be taking an unofficial,” Reed said.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Theres this now as well from the Recruitology IG page...

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, pretty confident he was suspended but such is life. Hopefully he’s back to playing soon.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My slightly educated guess is that all this attention has created a lot of stress (I'm the #1 RB in national TV and it's not going well.) and likely an ego boost he doesn't quite understand how to process. Both parts are quite understandable. The trick is, are these short term issues that will get better with the support he'll get in college or will it go the other way.

Personally, I would give the kid a chance if everything SoFL reported is accurate. I'll trust the coaches. The fact that they are desperate for an RB will hopefully free then up to make the right choice. I can remember our desperation for a RB leading to some poor decisions in the past.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I agree and think Evans is trying to down play it a little...

This discussion has been closed.