Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Name the WORST College Football announcer that makes you just completely sick!!

Comments

• Options
    WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Another one that I enjoy, vote me off topic if you must lol.
    Todd Blackledge. Used to love when espn would do the "Todd's taste of the town" segment during the game.

That's what I said! Man it would be great if we could have Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge for CBS. They would be a great play by play, color combo IMO.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys would hate Blackledge because he would always offer up subtleties about the "quality" of the Big X

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really don't have an announcer that I don't like in college football; however, the nfl is a different story.

That said- I will tell you who I thought was a really good team and underrated.

Brad Nessler and Todd Blackage- I thought they were dynamite for Saturday night games

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

Ed Cunningham was horrible, thank God he quit.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tubs... “Jeff Fromm”
    “E’rrytime you speed up you put pressure on the defense. ‘NASCAR! NASCAR! NASCAR!”

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Luckily ESPN saved you, me and all of America at the very last minute by yanking play by play announcer Robert Lee from his scheduled NCAA broadcast last season. This courageous move by the Sports Leader ensured that a "safe space" was provided for all viewers and exposed the obvious right wing plot that his parents were a part of when he was born and they gave him this micro-aggressive name. Thanks again ESPN

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    Tubs... “Jeff Fromm”
    “E’rrytime you speed up you put pressure on the defense. ‘NASCAR! NASCAR! NASCAR!”

Just made me throw my phone...thanks for that lol.

• Options
    madddashmadddash Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    Beth Mowins for me...I can't stand to hear her commentate

I can’t even watch the game without the mute button

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off the topic a bit, but Johnny Miller for golf.

Back on topic, honorable mention for Pam Ward. Being a graduate of a MAC School, we get a heavy dose of
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Nfla0CmH0

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    Off the topic a bit, but Johnny Miller for golf.

Back on topic, honorable mention for Pam Ward. Being a graduate of a MAC School, we get a heavy dose of
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Nfla0CmH0

Mark Richt has lost control of this lady. She should hear the words "you're fired". That is terrible. I hate to speculate what the worst injury is that she might have sustained in her wonderful career.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO. If you want a woman, get some eye-candy....not someone who resembles a burnt-out meth-using lesbian truck-driver who is on the prowl at a bar in Atlanta.

Dang, she got roasted.

I like Keri Champion. She’s hot. I’d let her hold my clipboard any day.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WildDawg said:
    I actually don't mind Vern and GD...most of the time. I know a lot of you don't hear or see him living in the east but Rick Neuheisel is the worst. Tommy Tuberville is awful and needs therapy about hating the Dawgs...as well as coaching on how to enunciate and not slur your words together like you just popped a xanax.

I actually like Neuheusel because he explains concepts really well to the average joe. I like the way he educates the viewer.

Agreed on Tuberville. He should be on there wearing overalls and holding a jug.

• Options
    LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guys, if you hate some of these people so badly and don’t want to listen, check out www.sportsyncradio.com for the radio you can delay the radio broadcast to match the video on your TV. Costs about $70, but it works pretty well. Didn’t get mine until after football season last year, but I listened to several Dawg basketball games on it.
    Course, that brings up another matter. Do you prefer listening to Scott Howard more than the TV guys??

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beth Mowens and Tuber

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:
    Beth Mowens and Tuber

@tymoon31 Yes, I agree, she’s pretty awful.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:
    Who is yours? Mine is a toss-up between CBS' Gary Danielson who just makes me totally ill as soon as I hear his voice, & also ESPN's Tommy Tuberville who has so much venom coming out of his mouth for the DAWGS, that he STILL cannot hide it, & IMHO he does not even try to hide it at all!

I don’t like Danielson or Tuberville at all. Danielson has a hectoring, lecturing manner (reminiscent of Tim McCarver and Joe Morgan), and he conveys his message with that strident,, whiny voice.
    But my least favorite hands down is Beth Mowins. She seems to have done her homework, but that VOICE – it’s like fingernails across the blackboard.

• Options
    jgwade99jgwade99 Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior

@LuvsDawgs said:
    Guys, if you hate some of these people so badly and don’t want to listen, check out www.sportsyncradio.com for the radio you can delay the radio broadcast to match the video on your TV. Costs about $70, but it works pretty well. Didn’t get mine until after football season last year, but I listened to several Dawg basketball games on it.
    Course, that brings up another matter. Do you prefer listening to Scott Howard more than the TV guys??

Don't particularly like listening to Scott Howard. All he does is holler at the top of his voice on a big play instead of painting a picture like Munson did. Just spoiled by Munson I guess.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgwade99 You are spot on sir! Larry Munson was once in a generation, if not once in a lifetime!

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Back in the day, any crew from Jefferson Pilot or the Mizzou? network was turrible....In the words of Sir Charles...Just turrible.

• Options
    MrTyMrTy Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

The worst was Gene Deckerhoff for FSU. He is almost singlehandedly responsible for my hatred of all things FSU.