Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Name the WORST College Football announcer that makes you just completely sick!!

Comments

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Brad Nessler is one of my favorites. When they paired him with Gary, after Vern was pushed out the door, those games got alot more easy to listen to.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Brad Nessler is one of my favorites. When they paired him with Gary, after Vern was pushed out the door, those games got alot more easy to listen to.

Agreed, Nessler is sharp and likeable.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Danielson, followed by Tubberville, & then Beth Mowins seem to be the consensus of the worst top 3.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    Who is yours? Mine is a toss-up between CBS' Gary Danielson who just makes me totally ill as soon as I hear his voice, & also ESPN's Tommy Tuberville who has so much venom coming out of his mouth for the DAWGS, that he STILL cannot hide it, & IMHO he does not even try to hide it at all!

Dude, you hit the nail on the head .... I think Danielson is my #1 just because we see him so much....

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Tuberville was especially bad. Joe Theismann and Mike Patrick may be my all time worst combo. Cris Collingsworth irks me too. I miss Uncle Verne a little. Would’ve been fun hearing him call the sec title game this year.

Gus Johnson is my all time fave. Not sure who I’d want on color though

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As far as ALL-TIME favorites go? For me it was Keith Jackson, & Pat Summerall (may our Almighty God bless their souls.)

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beth Mowins for me...I can't stand to hear her commentate

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For me I'm really surprised and disappointed in the work of ESPN's main guy Chris Fowler. For years he was so good as host of College Gameday and I figured he would be a great when he decided to leave and do play by play. For 3 years now he has worked all ESPN's big games and he has, in my opinion, not been very good and he really hasn't shown any improvement. Kinda sad

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gary Danielson gets stuck in my head so badly when I think of SEC on CBS games, so yeah, it's gotta be him. Verne Lundquist was legendary though, I call him the voice of the SEC, and I miss him but the new play caller since last season was a good replacement for him.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gary and Vern can ruin a perfectly good televised football game

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:
    Who is yours? Mine is a toss-up between CBS' Gary Danielson who just makes me totally ill as soon as I hear his voice, & also ESPN's Tommy Tuberville who has so much venom coming out of his mouth for the DAWGS, that he STILL cannot hide it, & IMHO he does not even try to hide it at all!

Danielson, He makes the most **** comments.
    Mowans, Her voice makes me cringe.
    Tubberville, Should be pronounced Tuberville like he's from Gooberville cause that's what he sounds like, a goober.

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

@pippin888 said:

@christopherules said:

Danielson, He makes the most **** comments.
    Mowans, Her voice makes me cringe.
    Tubberville, Should be pronounced Tuberville like he's from Gooberville cause that's what he sounds like, a goober.

sorry, did not use profanity i just didn't know you could not type stup*d.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder what Spurrier would be like as part of the #1 announcer crew for SEC football on CBS?

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    Beth Mowins for me...I can't stand to hear her commentate

It’s her style that bothers me. I realized that watching all the FIFA this last month. She get excited and draws out a bunch of calls in one breath with the same maxed out intensity much like a Latino soccer play by play guy. Side note, the World Cup matches were about a million times better with non-American announcers. It wasn’t a good for us on the world stage IMHO. But I think the world already knew that.

• Options
    Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's DANIELSON. Nobody else even comes close to that Dawg-hating creep.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Another one that I enjoy, vote me off topic if you must lol.
    Todd Blackledge. Used to love when espn would do the "Todd's taste of the town" segment during the game.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Another one that I enjoy, vote me off topic if you must lol.
    Todd Blackledge. Used to love when espn would do the "Todd's taste of the town" segment during the game.

I liked that Toast of the Town as well. Some great eatin'.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only one mention of Musberger? He is the worst. I would rather not watch if he is calling a game. Hyper-dramatic pedo, imo.

I dont get the hate for Danielson. He is just honest with his assessments and doesnt pick favorites. He is as knowledgeable about the game as anyone.

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tubberville. No passion in his voice and always says our guys names wrong or plain calls them another name and number. Hate having rival ex coaches call our games.

• Options
    bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone that's announcing for FOX SPORTS when it comes to college football.