Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Last Chance U

Comments

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mostly agree with this statement. However, I don’t see much in Last Chance U that is scripted. Is it possible that some play it up for the cameras? Absolutely. But the show catches the nature of football programs.

While these two programs may not be a good representative of football programs as a whole, I think it captures fairly well what goes on at some of these community colleges whose focus is taking the D1 kids who were either kicked off a D1 team or couldn’t make it because of grades.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JJ played well in a couple games, as said above, glad though he isnt one of the main characters. Head on right and just putting in the work to get out

• GeauxDawgsSicEmGeauxDawgsSicEm Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just finished S4 today. Agree with the rest of the bunch... #11 is no drama and that’s no fun for producers of a show like LCU. I did love that every time he got some air time outside of being on the field he was rocking that G though!

Side note: Not sure how I felt about this season overall and I wouldn’t be surprised if they call this the series finale.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to agree. I only clicked into this thread 'cause I thought it was going to be about Florida, Auburn, or Tennessee.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Going to start it tonight. Looking forward to seeing JJ on there. I haven't liked either head coach on the show thus far. Wish they would go to a school with a somewhat normal HC. They really picked 2 extremes with EMCC and Indy.

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just watched season 4. Was entertaining although the Coach there is a bit of a joke.

I've watched all 4 seasons and the thing that stands out for me is some of these kids stories. How they literally grew up with nothing. On the streets with almost no chance of making it.

Makes me realize just how lucky and privileged I was.

The fact some can lift themselves out of extreme poverty like that is amazing. Most of us would have a hard time doing it.

It isn't just reality TV. 99% of "shows" that are out there are terrible.

But yes reality TV shows like Duck Dynasty and Real Housewives are just the worst. Totally scripted.

Hell some of the Duck Dynasty guys went to LSU, have college degrees, and are nothing like the on screen person they play. There is a picture of them playing Golf looking very preppy and clean shaven floating around somewhere. They just had an idea for the show one day. But people still buy into that one.

Oh and my Dad still thinks they are gonna find treasure on Oak Island.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought “Last Chance U” was a reference to Auburn.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your understanding of Duck Dynasty is off. The old man started selling duck calls a long time ago. They’ve been in the duck hunting business for longer than most on this forum have been alive. They were putting out the most amazing duck hunting videos back in the mid-90s anyone had ever seen. They all had the same beards then, too. That was where the reality show originated. They were the Duck Commanders, if I remember correctly - and they literally commanded the ducks to do as they pleased.

The problem with reality shows is they run out of interesting material and have to keep people entertained. I wish Duck Dynasty would have just focused on killing ducks. I would have been just as entertained, but the average joe wouldn’t have been interested. .

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yup bankwalker bro, they haven been around a minute. I used to watch their videos when I was younger before duck dynasty became cool outside of the duck hunting community

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Started watching it lastnight. They have some serious talent for a juco but how in the world do they lose? I'm only on the 3rd episode so they're 1-1 right now but I know they lose like 8 or 9 straight.

The old man started selling duck calls a long time ago. They’ve been in the duck hunting business for longer than most on this forum have been alive.

Yes they did. My point was many of them are college educated and the person you see on TV is a role they are playing.

Not them.

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

I’m not not sure I’m going to watch season 4. That show is super depressing at times.

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has anybody seen the latest season of last chance u. Jermaine really wasn’t featured but he should’ve been seeing that he was the no1 juco player in the nation at the time. I bet he so glad to be in a better environment around Great people

• babsbabs Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watching now, because of Jermaine. Filming of his commitment video is episode 3 or 4.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

SPOILER ALERT - if you haven't finished season 4.

Coach Brown got the axe, basically for calling himself the team manager's "personal Hitler". The lad was a German exchange student. It's hard to imagine a team with that amount of talent losing all games but one, but he's hard for coaches and players alike to deal with. Too volatile to be a HC IMHO.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also the President and Athletic director have both resigned...