Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Free dawgpost article about the **** show Pruitt caused his last season at uga

judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://dawgpost.com/s/288/what-happened-at-uga-in-2015-part-one-the-vacuum-is-filled

Finally a little bit of an explanation of what may have happened

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

My take is Pruitt was right on every point I know about. Was he antagonistic towards some people ? I'm sure he was, but Kirby and everybody who cares about the program is now benefitting from his pushing a stagnant bureaucracy in to action.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article! Not sure what to think of Pruitt. I used to think he was a blessing for the program (maybe still is depending on how you look at it) but it is becoming more apparent that he is a jackass. I can deal with rough around the edges but can’t deal with a bully type mentality. Man, I am glad that season is in the history books.

• Options

@WCDawg said:
    My take is Pruitt was right on every point I know about. Was he antagonistic towards some people ? I'm sure he was, but Kirby and everybody who cares about the program is now benefitting from his pushing a stagnant bureaucracy in to action.

You don’t think CMR would have been fired after the season unless Pruitt apparently became a cancer for the program? CMR days were done with the admin caught wind of Kirby entertaining the idea of of going to USC. Going off the article all he did was act like a fool, divide a program, and disrespect people.

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@WCDawg said:

You don’t think CMR would have been fired after the season unless Pruitt apparently became a cancer for the program? CMR days were done with the admin caught wind of Kirby entertaining the idea of of going to USC. Going off the article all he did was act like a fool, divide a program, and disrespect people.

I think Richt's situation was divorced of politics, it was about results.
    The article is not The bible by the way.

• Options

PS. It's worth considering some powerful people likely got defensive when called out about the program's lack of proactivity before being prodded along. Powerful people don't like being exposed or questioned.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@WCDawg said:

True and it’s just anonymous quotes from people,
    but it’s similar to the same stuff we have heard before. That season was so bad, I am convinced CMR wanted to leave and admin wanted to move forward in other direction.

Used to be a Pruitt supporter even after he left UGA, but it appears he is jerk. I really started to question my support for him when he went to TN and recruited a young man who was convicted of sodomy on a freshman teammate with a pool cue on a high school trip.

• Options

@WCDawg said:
    PS. It's worth considering some powerful people likely got defensive when called out about the program's lack of proactivity before being prodded along. Powerful people don't like being exposed or questioned.

Another good point and that is true, but where there is smoke....

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@WCDawg said:

True and it’s just anonymous quotes from people,
    but it’s similar to the same stuff we have heard before. That season was so bad, I am convinced CMR wanted to leave and admin wanted to move forward in other direction.

Used to be a Pruitt supporter even after he left UGA, but it appears he is jerk. I really started to question my support for him when he went to TN and recruited a young man who was convicted of sodomy on a freshman teammate with a pool cue on a high school trip.

Sometimes it takes somebody willing to antagonize powers that be to get things moving, in fact, that is often the case. Those who benefit from the
    Status quo are usually protective of their turf.

• Options

@MidtownDawg said:
    IMO, the most powerful person in the UGA AD is the head coach.

Any resources that Kirby currently has that Richt did not is as much Richt's fault for not demanding as it is McGarity or any booster/admins fault for withholding.

Many of the reforms that aided Kirby's transtion are likely due to Pruitt's actions.

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@WCDawg said:

Remember the movie Brubaker ? The loudest and most numerous are not always right.
    History is litered with the corpses of martyrs.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@WCDawg said:

Remember the movie Brubaker ? The loudest and most numerous are not always right.
    History is litered with the corpses of martyrs.

Nice film!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

@MidtownDawg said:

Any resources that Kirby currently has that Richt did not is as much Richt's fault for not demanding as it is McGarity or any booster/admins fault for withholding.

Agree. The most powerful "people" in the UGA AD are the big time boosters. When there is a division with then, things can get a little dicey, and no one here can or will, convince me that boosters don't have any input into the AD decision making.

My take;

Boosters-

CMR - Good man. Good Coach. Good Leader. Not getting the program to the next level.

DC Pruitt- Good Coach. Headstrong. Not suitable for HC yet plus other issues.

Boosters to AD. " Make a Move.....or else..."

Conclusion:

Richt out, Smart in. Smart knows Pruitt......seeya!!

Boosters won!

• Options
    pnash82pnash82 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

this makes it sound like Pruitt was a head coach in waiting and being groomed for the position down the line. I see why most of his hires followed him to Tn.
    This could be partially the reason Bobo took the job at Col St. I speculating here but I would have assumed a few years ago that Bobo would have been Richt's successor

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If nothing else, this 1st article alone illustrates just how big of a job Kirby had in getting the players to buy into his system – and how well he did it.
    It would be hard to overstate the value of the 93K Day and later the proselytizing of Richard LeCounte in terms of how quickly we got to where we are now.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone want to make any bets on whether or not CMR already had agreed to deal in principle with Miami after the Florida game? IMO, he did. Look at the timeline....

Miami fired their coach the week of our UF game. Miami says nothing about who their potential choices are for the next HC the last month of their season.

UGA wins out, but has terrible games against Ga. Southern, KY, Auburn, and GT....Richt is let go the day after the GT game....Miami hires Richt a few days later.

Y'all do the math......

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:
    Anyone want to make any bets on whether or not CMR already had agreed to deal in principle with Miami after the Florida game? IMO, he did. Look at the timeline....

Miami fired their coach the week of our UF game. Miami says nothing about who their potential choices are for the next HC the last month of their season.

UGA wins out, but has terrible games against Ga. Southern, KY, Auburn, and GT....Richt is let go the day after the GT game....Miami hires Richt a few days later.

Y'all do the math......

Richt wanted to stay at UGA.
    The only reason he might have been looking is if he knew he was going to be let go.
    Remember when he flew to Washington State to see Eason ? That was an attempt to keep his job.

• Options

@ghostofuga1 said:

@MidtownDawg said:

Agree. The most powerful "people" in the UGA AD are the big time boosters. When there is a division with then, things can get a little dicey, and no one here can or will, convince me that boosters don't have any input into the AD decision making.

My take;

Boosters-

CMR - Good man. Good Coach. Good Leader. Not getting the program to the next level.

DC Pruitt- Good Coach. Headstrong. Not suitable for HC yet plus other issues.

Boosters to AD. " Make a Move.....or else..."

Conclusion:

Richt out, Smart in. Smart knows Pruitt......seeya!!

Boosters won!

Saban knew Pruitt, he said hiring him ''was a no brainer''.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@WCDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

Y'all do the math......

Richt wanted to stay at UGA.
    The only reason he might have been looking is if he knew he was going to be let go.
    Remember when he flew to Washington State to see Eason ? That was an attempt to keep his job.

I'm going to guess he wanted to stay if he could, but his people and Miami's people were probably sending out feelers "just in case" and "to do due diligence" if an opportunity arose.