Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Free dawgpost article about the **** show Pruitt caused his last season at uga

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:
    Anyone want to make any bets on whether or not CMR already had agreed to deal in principle with Miami after the Florida game? IMO, he did. Look at the timeline....

Miami fired their coach the week of our UF game. Miami says nothing about who their potential choices are for the next HC the last month of their season.

UGA wins out, but has terrible games against Ga. Southern, KY, Auburn, and GT....Richt is let go the day after the GT game....Miami hires Richt a few days later.

Y'all do the math......

Richt wanted to stay at UGA.
    The only reason he might have been looking is if he knew he was going to be let go.
    Remember when he flew to Washington State to see Eason ? That was an attempt to keep his job.

I'm going to guess he wanted to stay if he could, but his people and Miami's people were probably sending out feelers "just in case" and "to do due diligence" if an opportunity arose.

Say ''to do due diligence'' 10 times as fast as you can.

• Options

@Midnite_Train said:

@UnderDog68 said:
    Anyone want to make any bets on whether or not CMR already had agreed to deal in principle with Miami after the Florida game? IMO, he did. Look at the timeline....

Miami fired their coach the week of our UF game. Miami says nothing about who their potential choices are for the next HC the last month of their season.

UGA wins out, but has terrible games against Ga. Southern, KY, Auburn, and GT....Richt is let go the day after the GT game....Miami hires Richt a few days later.

Y'all do the math......

I think it was more so Miami putting all their eggs in one basket and hoping we would fire CMR which we did.

I believe UGA meant everything to CMR he didnt want to leave. But ultimately he and us are better with him gone

I would still rather win titles with Richt than any other coach on the planet.
    That's not to say I think we made the wrong call though.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Remember when he flew to Washington State to see Eason ? That was an attempt to keep his job.

I hear that he flew out there on his own dime, too.....McGarrity wouldn't approve the trip out there with UGA money. I am pretty sure McGarrity knew that he was going to fire Richt after the UF game in 2015....and I think Richt kinda knew that too. That's why I am speculating on whether or not he was already negotiating with Miami after that UF loss.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

I would have liked to win one with CMR, too....But, according to the article, he was basically mailing it in by the 2015 season. The inmates...(Pruitt & Schottenheimer) were running the institution. And Richt should have put both in check, but didn't.

The article makes the loss of Bobo after the 2014 season seem a lot bigger than we all thought. Bobo, not Grantham, was the real fire to CMR's ice on the team those last few years. Bobo was being groomed to take over, had he not left.

• Options
    CharlestowneDawgCharlestowneDawg Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Today's Part II is a paid post :(

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

Y'all do the math......

I was/am a Richt fan, but looking back at that season, I hate to think it to be so, but I really think Richt went to UF looking for a good arse kicking just to "test the waters" with the powers that be at UGA. That was by far the worst called game (by the coaching staff) that I have ever seen.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just joined dawg post thanks to this article and so that I could read part 2

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Then he goes to the U and does all the things we wanted him pick back up here. I’m happy with the change and happy for CMR too. But he created his own problems imo.

His hands were tied by the administration, who wanted more of an ambassador and CEO than someone who was 'hands-on.'

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:

@WCDawg said:

I would have liked to win one with CMR, too....But, according to the article, he was basically mailing it in by the 2015 season. The inmates...(Pruitt & Schottenheimer) were running the institution. And Richt should have put both in check, but didn't.

The article makes the loss of Bobo after the 2014 season seem a lot bigger than we all thought. Bobo, not Grantham, was the real fire to CMR's ice on the team those last few years. Bobo was being groomed to take over, had he not left.

I don't believe for a second Richt was mailing it in. It's not in his character.
    On the other hand, he never had the constant energy of many top coaches, it ebbed and flowed troughout his time at UGA.

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Then he goes to the U and does all the things we wanted him pick back up here. I’m happy with the change and happy for CMR too. But he created his own problems imo.

His hands were tied by the administration, who wanted more of an ambassador and CEO than someone who was 'hands-on.'

Well, he's actually doing about what he did at UGA.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@WCDawg said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@MidtownDawg said:
    IMO, the most powerful person in the UGA AD is the head coach.

Any resources that Kirby currently has that Richt did not is as much Richt's fault for not demanding as it is McGarity or any booster/admins fault for withholding.

Agree. The most powerful "people" in the UGA AD are the big time boosters. When there is a division with then, things can get a little dicey, and no one here can or will, convince me that boosters don't have any input into the AD decision making.

My take;

Boosters-

CMR - Good man. Good Coach. Good Leader. Not getting the program to the next level.

DC Pruitt- Good Coach. Headstrong. Not suitable for HC yet plus other issues.

Boosters to AD. " Make a Move.....or else..."

Conclusion:

Richt out, Smart in. Smart knows Pruitt......seeya!!

Boosters won!

Saban knew Pruitt, he said hiring him ''was a no brainer''.

Of course it was a "no brainer". When Kirby didn't retain Pruitt on his Staff, Pruitt was the best DC available to fill the spot Kirby vacated.

• Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

the perception that was created about cmr not being the one to win it all .....was overwhelming ...true or not...no one could overcome that...as soon as perception showed a hint of truth in w and l...it was over for him...prob the perception was fought off by the team for as long as possible...maybe the team started to believe the perception...o well ...all the coaches in this article were paid very well for their part in this fiasco.....the program is better for it....jp may have shot the horse...if not for him we may still be suffering ...limping along...

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@WCDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Yep. Last year, they had the inexplicable loss, the conference championship game loss, and the bowl loss all tied up in one neat package....Just like he used to do at UGA.

I've had the joy of watching a UM friend lose it as my predictions of the above came true last season.

• Options

@JayDog said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@WCDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Yep. Last year, they had the inexplicable loss, the conference championship game loss, and the bowl loss all tied up in one neat package....Just like he used to do at UGA.

I've had the joy of watching a UM friend lose it as my predictions of the above came true last season.

We tried to tell 'em.....But they were too busy proclaiming that 'Da U' was back because they hired one of their own.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Chip_Towers said:
    No offense to DawgPost, but I've reported a lot of this on several different occasions, though more anecdotally usually, including this past week after Jeremy Pruitt's turn at SEC Media Days. There's a lot more that's not in Dean Legge's piece, too. Bottom line, Pruitt was an overbearing loose cannon on Georgia's campus and one who had the Bulldogs heading for trouble had he not been brought under control. That's why I think he could be great or awful for Tennessee, depending on how he operates without any meaningful checks and balances.

Fulmer vs Pruitt = clash of the titans scenario. Both are power hungry. Meanwhile, the dumpster fire continues to burn!

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Chip_Towers said:
    No offense to DawgPost, but I've reported a lot of this on several different occasions, though more anecdotally usually, including this past week after Jeremy Pruitt's turn at SEC Media Days. There's a lot more that's not in Dean Legge's piece, too. Bottom line, Pruitt was an overbearing loose cannon on Georgia's campus and one who had the Bulldogs heading for trouble had he not been brought under control. That's why I think he could be great or awful for Tennessee, depending on how he operates without any meaningful checks and balances.

Chip, we want to juicy details. Can you do a story that gives us all of the juicy details?

• Options
    MidtownDawgMidtownDawg Posts: 129 ✭✭✭ Junior

@greygoose01 said:

@Chip_Towers said:

Fulmer vs Pruitt = clash of the titans scenario. Both are power hungry. Meanwhile, the dumpster fire continues to burn!

One alternate, non red and black glasses take here would be to say that Pruitt has been loose under loose leaders and great under strict leaders like Saban. If you believe that, then a large part of his success or failure at UT could be determined by Fulmer's leadership style and whether it is more akin to Saban or CMR.