Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

New Ole Miss logo and mascot

ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:

Ole miss being ole miss...

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just awful, is this an attempt to have a more politically correct mascot? Awful move just like the braves.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So now they are the ole miss landsharks? Im confused, or are the still the rebles and the mascot is the land shark?

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@KOD5204 said:
    I actually don't think it's that bad....

You have to be an Ole Miss fan. You join 2 minutes ago and this what you say out of the gate.

Regardless, welcome to the forum.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Weren’t they supposed to be the black bears or some such crap after they retired Colonel Reb?These guys have even less of an identity than Auburn. If you have to change your mascot several times in a ten year or so period and no one even notices your program might ****.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@Reeldawg said:

Ole miss being ole miss...

This is really sad...

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I would be worried about the Red Tide hitting the gulf.....and I'm not talking about Bama......

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Embarrassing is what people are saying down here

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is nothing new, they’ve been doing the shark thing for a while now. A little too much shark week I suppose

edited August 2018

@KOD5204 said:
    Um no went to UGA along with a fair share if my family....I can just be objective and still love my dawgs.. and thanks for the welcome lol

It was a lucky guess. The luck on my part just happened to be bad luck. Sorry I pegged you for the wrong team.

I hope you enjoy the board. There some good stuff here.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont get the hate. I honestly like it. Its different and cool to me.

@dbrown7494 said:
    I have heard the Oxford courts have put out a restraining order on Jim McElwain. Due to prior inappropriate relations with a shark.

I can only speak for myself, but this is the funniest post I have read in a long time.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s not that bad. But it looks like they tried to get something designed on the cheap. It’s about what you’d expect out of a JUCO program or a minor league baseball team.

A lot of SEC schools have branding that’s better than a lot of what you’ll find in the NFL or NBA.

Short of just a really **** color like neon baby blue (Florida) or pastel orange (Tennessee), This land shark nonsense is some of the worst we have in the SEC.