Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Atlanta Braves

Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

I truely believe the Braves are a few pieces away from a dynasty. But, it all starts with this upcoming years free agency and how much we are willing to spend. I firmly believe when need to do everything in our power to sign Macahdo and Kimbrel. Once we have them two, we can trade Dansby, Gohara, and another prospect maybe Bryce Wilson for JT Realmuto. Then we go out and trade kolby allard, Kevin gasuman, and Austin Riley( only if Comagro keeps playing like he is now) for a top of the line Ace, such as Bumgarner, DeGrom, Synegard, Michael Fulmer, or anyone else who is a legit Ace. With a pitching staff of
Bumgarner
Folty
Newcomb
Soroka
Touki or Wright
Plus a lineup of
Acuna
Ozzie
Freeman
Machado
Realmuto
Comagro
Markakis
Pitcher
Ender

We would be unstoppable, for many, many years to come. We have the pieces to make these moves, however it's all going to come down to free agency

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg4Life912 said:
    I truely believe the Braves are a few pieces away from a dynasty. But, it all starts with this upcoming years free agency and how much we are willing to spend. I firmly believe when need to do everything in our power to sign Macahdo and Kimbrel. Once we have them two, we can trade Dansby, Gohara, and another prospect maybe Bryce Wilson for JT Realmuto. Then we go out and trade kolby allard, Kevin gasuman, and Austin Riley( only if Comagro keeps playing like he is now) for a top of the line Ace, such as Bumgarner, DeGrom, Synegard, Michael Fulmer, or anyone else who is a legit Ace. With a pitching staff of
    Bumgarner
    Folty
    Newcomb
    Soroka
    Touki or Wright
    Plus a lineup of
    Acuna
    Ozzie
    Freeman
    Machado
    Realmuto
    Comagro
    Markakis
    Pitcher
    Ender

We would be unstoppable, for many, many years to come. We have the pieces to make these moves, however it's all going to come down to free agency

Now, all you have to do is hope some GM's are willing to make those trades. Good luck.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think the braves would have the money to sign Machado and Kimbrel as FAs. Another factor is looking ahead several yrs when they'll have to re-sign Acuna, Albies and several of the young pitchers. You don't want overcommit yourself on FAs only to then not be able to afford the talent you've grown and developed in-house. I could see one FA splash in the off-season but it won't be a spending spree.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you’ll definitely see the Braves target an ace this offseason and I like your post, but Michael Fulmer should not be considered a top of the line ace.

• Options

@BoroDawg said:
    I think you’ll definitely see the Braves target an ace this offseason and I like your post, but Michael Fulmer should not be considered a top of the line ace.

I agree that he may not be right this second, I just believe he has loads of potential and talent. And he is also controllable for a long time

• Options
    GordonBombayGordonBombay Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like your optimism, but I don't see anyone making those trades. Where you from 912?

• Options

He does have potential, but he’s also regressed every year since coming into the league and has had an injury riddled season He’s also always outperformed his peripherals. I would consider his ceiling to be a good #2 on a playoff team. The Braves already have plenty of high upside, controllable starters who look like 2-3 starters. We need an ACE.

• Options

@BoroDawg said:
    He does have potential, but he’s also regressed every year since coming into the league and has had an injury riddled season He’s also always outperformed his peripherals. I would consider his ceiling to be a good #2 on a playoff team. The Braves already have plenty of high upside, controllable starters who look like 2-3 starters. We need an ACE.

I agree man, I hope they can get it done!

• Options

@GordonBombay said:
    I like your optimism, but I don't see anyone making those trades. Where you from 912?

Hinesville, GA

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg4Life912 said:
    Bumgarner
    Folty
    Newcomb
    Soroka
    Touki or Wright
    Plus a lineup of
    Acuna
    Ozzie
    Freeman
    Machado
    Realmuto
    Comagro
    Markakis
    Pitcher
    Ender

Liberty won't pony up for either Bumgarner or Machado.
    The only possible exception is if they are ready to sell and want to entice potential buyers.

• Options
    Diablo_and_DocDiablo_and_Doc Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who gives up their Ace?

• Options

@Diablo_and_Doc said:
    Who gives up their Ace?

Teams that decide they are ready to start rebuilding, like the mets and giants need to do

• Options

@Diablo_and_Doc said:
    Who gives up their Ace?

The Tigers traded Verlander last season.
    Very few younger aces will ever move, but a 30 something year old ace on a bad team can sometimes get moved.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:

Woah someone who knows what he is talking about in a Braves thread, I am so happy. 100% agree on Fulmer

• Options

@BoroDawg said:

Who is this ''he'' you're referring to ?
    It's helpful to list names when we're in a fluid discussion.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

If you see my previous comment and all debate with Dawg4Life up to that point, you would know who we were talking about. Troll someone else.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Lao Tsu says:

• Options
    edited August 2018

@BoroDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

If you see my previous comment and all debate with Dawg4Life up to that point, you would know who we were talking about. Troll someone else.

It's not a troll, it's advice. I'm not going to review threads to see what a poster is referring to. Just advance enough info for people to know what the hell you're referring to, how hard could it be ? It's like posters who abbreviate names, how lazy can you be ?

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

It's not a troll, it's advice. I'm not going to review threads to see what a poster is referring to. Just advance enough info for people to know what the hell you're referring to, how hard could it be ? It's like posters who abbreviate names, how lazy can you be ?

But the bigger issue is why wouldn't one want to help people follow what they are saying? Just sayin'

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

But the bigger issue is why wouldn't one want to help people follow what they are saying? Just sayin'

That is my point.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

You’ve been a member since January and have over 3k posts. It seems to me that you have plenty of time to review every thread.