Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Luke Ford in minor traffic accident

2»

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@levander said:

@donm said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:
    Well, this is an interesting development. Apparently somebody’s resorted to alts to downvote That last post of mine...

Only thing you can tell by looking at their profiles is 1 of them has 1 post, and apparently he has one post indicating he’s a recruitnik. The other one has zero posts.

These new posters we got are **** strange. Board is acting more and more like the 247 boards.

It seems to me sorta wrong to DV posts just because you disagree with the well stated opinion expressed, but everyone's free to do as they wish.

We're all going to get a few DVs which seem to us nonsensical. Sometimes they hurt my feelings, but I know how many UVs I get compared to DVs (well, I don't actually know, but I sorta know) and that makes me feel less put upon. My assumption is it's not personal (yet I know sometimes it is with some posters not mentioning names).

Maybe there should be no option for DVs until you've posted a certain number of times. Maybe, but before that I'd like to see several other changes so it's not high priority for me.

Mostly we're just having fun, right, and who cares what people other than ourselves think about us?

I hope everybody involved in the accident, which may have been only Mr. Ford, is okay. I hate to see any of our team members hurt.

Go, Dawgs!

weird your feelings get hurt

but it should not say down vote nd up vote, imo. It should be agree and disagree

I generally used the DV as a disagree button. other forums I am on use that verbiage and I prefer it

Me too. DV = disagree. I'm trying to develop the habit of saying "disagree" since some folks do take it very personally.

DV = disagree isn’t how the board was designed. Because when a post gets so many DV’s it gets hidden. Is that your intent? To hide votes you disagree with?

Didn't know that posts get hidden. All the more reason for taking the time to type disagree. I always DV 12 ed and he hasn't disappeared or has he? Thanks for the tip.

Not the poster, the post. Go through 12ed’s old posts and you’ll see what I mean.

• Options
    CaliDawgCaliDawg Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

@rednavel said:

@levander said:

@donm said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:
    Well, this is an interesting development. Apparently somebody’s resorted to alts to downvote That last post of mine...

Only thing you can tell by looking at their profiles is 1 of them has 1 post, and apparently he has one post indicating he’s a recruitnik. The other one has zero posts.

These new posters we got are **** strange. Board is acting more and more like the 247 boards.

It seems to me sorta wrong to DV posts just because you disagree with the well stated opinion expressed, but everyone's free to do as they wish.

We're all going to get a few DVs which seem to us nonsensical. Sometimes they hurt my feelings, but I know how many UVs I get compared to DVs (well, I don't actually know, but I sorta know) and that makes me feel less put upon. My assumption is it's not personal (yet I know sometimes it is with some posters not mentioning names).

Maybe there should be no option for DVs until you've posted a certain number of times. Maybe, but before that I'd like to see several other changes so it's not high priority for me.

Mostly we're just having fun, right, and who cares what people other than ourselves think about us?

I hope everybody involved in the accident, which may have been only Mr. Ford, is okay. I hate to see any of our team members hurt.

Go, Dawgs!

but it should not say down vote nd up vote, imo. It should be agree and disagree

I generally used the DV as a disagree button. other forums I am on use that verbiage and I prefer it

Me too. DV = disagree. I'm trying to develop the habit of saying "disagree" since some folks do take it very personally.

DV = disagree isn’t how the board was designed. Because when a post gets so many DV’s it gets hidden. Is that your intent? To hide votes you disagree with?

End all DVs and UVs. It is a shame that somebody could come on here, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and leave thinking that somebody doesn't like them. This forum should be a glorious place for all Georgia fans to live in harmony.

Wow. I bet you were sad that you didn’t get a trophy for coming in last place
    I’m can’t belive I reading post by butt-hurt adults about down votes and how it hurts their feelings. Wow.

• Options
    CaliDawgCaliDawg Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

@rednavel said:

@CaliDawg said:

@rednavel said:

@levander said:

@donm said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

Go, Dawgs!

End all DVs and UVs. It is a shame that somebody could come on here, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and leave thinking that somebody doesn't like them. This forum should be a glorious place for all Georgia fans to live in harmony.

Wow. I bet you were sad that you didn’t get a trophy for coming in last place
    I’m can’t belive I reading post by butt-hurt adults about down votes and how it hurts their feelings. Wow.

HEY. This is a safe space for Georgia Bulldog fans, and your negativity is really casting a pall on this board and the fine readership who frequents it.

That's funny. I almost mentioned "safe spaces" on college campuses. Inquiring - do those exist off college campuses? Figure you will know the locations.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JimWallace I agree that because one has a different option is not a good DV reason. To me, a good DV reason is if we think that the idea behind the post is harmful to Dog Nation. Demonizing young men trying to find their way is a bad look for us. That type of post to me earns a DV.