Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

peak at the florida board

124»

Comments

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JKFlyfish said:
    Gators fans were delusional going into this year. They have a completely depleted talent base, no QB, they are switching schemes on offense and defense and don't have the players for those schemes, they won 4 games last year, and they have to completely turn around a toxic culture that's been around for nearly a decade.

How did they think they were going to be competitive this year?? It will be at least 2 to 3 more years before they can start thinking about winning 9+ games. They need to come to grips with reality.

I agree with everything you've said. I will just add that during Kirby's first year--there were a lot of our fans who were delusional in the belief that because of talent, Kirby should have won the SECE that year. Takes time to change a culture. Kirby did it faster because he had some high character senior leadership to show the way.

While I believe we can win it all this year--I'm realistic that we are just in year three of Kirby's tenure. We have a lot of young guys learning the ropes this year. If we don't win it this year, we will in the 2019 season.

• Options
    JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

@JKFlyfish said:
    Gators fans were delusional going into this year. They have a completely depleted talent base, no QB, they are switching schemes on offense and defense and don't have the players for those schemes, they won 4 games last year, and they have to completely turn around a toxic culture that's been around for nearly a decade.

How did they think they were going to be competitive this year?? It will be at least 2 to 3 more years before they can start thinking about winning 9+ games. They need to come to grips with reality.

I agree with everything you've said. I will just add that during Kirby's first year--there were a lot of our fans who were delusional in the belief that because of talent, Kirby should have won the SECE that year. Takes time to change a culture. Kirby did it faster because he had some high character senior leadership to show the way.

While I believe we can win it all this year--I'm realistic that we are just in year three of Kirby's tenure. We have a lot of young guys learning the ropes this year. If we don't win it this year, we will in the 2019 season.

The thing to remember is that Dan Mullen inherits SIGNIFICANTLY less talent and a SIGNIFICANTLY less toxic culture than Kirby. I think every new coach might struggle a bit in their first year, but what I'm saying is that the struggles for Florida will continue for a while. They will need at least 2 to 3 years to get to point where they can start fresh again. They are so so far behind it's not even funny (ok maybe a little bit).

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:
    We will beat both UF and KY like a rented government donkey.

@UnderDog68 Agree completely sir!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JKFlyfish said:

@JayDog said:

@JKFlyfish said:

The thing to remember is that Dan Mullen inherits SIGNIFICANTLY less talent and a SIGNIFICANTLY less toxic culture than Kirby. I think every new coach might struggle a bit in their first year, but what I'm saying is that the struggles for Florida will continue for a while. They will need at least 2 to 3 years to get to point where they can start fresh again. They are so so far behind it's not even funny (ok maybe a little bit).

Why do you think the UF culture is less toxic than what Kirby inherited. With Meyer up until shark man, the culture at UF seems to have been extremely toxic. Beatings, drugs, theft, and apparently abuse of players. Don’t think it can get much more toxic than that.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@donm said:

@JKFlyfish said:

@JayDog said:

@JKFlyfish said:

Why do you think the UF culture is less toxic than what Kirby inherited. With Meyer up until shark man, the culture at UF seems to have been extremely toxic. Beatings, drugs, theft, and apparently abuse of players. Don’t think it can get much more toxic than that.

I agree. Maybe the post should have said significantly more toxic culture?

The lizards are always dangerous. I mean it. Didn't they almost beat Kentucky?

Remember this, "The game was a lot closer than the scoreboard indicated."

My favorite Florida quotation, that one. About the Georgia game last year. Delusional fans. Delusional players.

Yeah, boy, it was a lot closer. Love me some gator; more coming soon enough in Jacksonville.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@JKFlyfish said:

@JayDog said:

@JKFlyfish said:

Whoops that's a typo. I meant Mullen inherited a significantly MORE toxic culture than what Kirby had.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JKFlyfish said:

@donm said:

@JKFlyfish said:

@JayDog said:

@JKFlyfish said:

Whoops that's a typo. I meant Mullen inherited a significantly MORE toxic culture than what Kirby had.

that makes more sense to me.

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greygoose01 said:
    Hey BA and Jeff, bring back the G8R H8R shirts, I want one but can’t find em anymore!

When you do I would like to see "G8R H8R" hats and mugs too!!!

• Options
    cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

LOL! I was in tears reading that board. Four or five Gator fans telling each other to S T F U and one telling another to "eat a RICHARD"