Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Richie LeCounte will be...

SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of the greatest safeties we’ve ever had. Take a look at this film breaking down his instinctual nature.

https://youtu.be/BgnYFWsltX8

Comments

• Options
    ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would like to know what his “GPS” speed is. He closes fast on most passes down field. I expect him to have his best game to date against Missouri because of that, and their down field passing attack.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugadawgs07 said:
    Would like to know what his “GPS” speed is. He closes fast on most passes down field. I expect him to have his best game to date against Missouri because of that, and their down field passing attack.

Both safeties will need to play well in that game. I think they will.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you saw him in high school you knew he had great natural ability to play safety, the only question was if he could learn the discipline needed to excel on the college level. In high school, he could play kind of a “center field” position and use his athleticism to make plays all over the field. I think that Kirby stayed on him to get him to stay in position and not try to chase the ball in other places, has shown good discipline so far this year.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,176 mod

1st team all SEC

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1st round draft pick

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:
    Think that's why Kirby pushes him. He sees it too

He sees 2 things, the great ability to make plays and carelessness. The goal is to harness the gifts without stifling them.
    I'm not divining anything, Kirby has said as much in his own words.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:
    Think that's why Kirby pushes him. He sees it too

He sees 2 things, the great ability to make plays and carelessness. The goal is to harness the gifts without stifling them.
    I'm not divining anything, Kirby has said as much in his own words.

Yep. Kirby knows how to get the most how out of each his player. If that player wants it. And Lecounte does. He'll respond to whatever the coaches throw at him. Good or bad

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

He is my break out player this year. He's gonna be great!

• Options

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

Mine too. He deserve a big career at UGA. Hellacious recruiting effort he put in a few yrs ago. And I feel he wants it bad for the dawgs

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

Mine too. He deserve a big career at UGA. Hellacious recruiting effort he put in a few yrs ago. And I feel he wants it bad for the dawgs

I wrote down #18 and #2 on a board at work preseason. Told my boys "remember these 2 numbers, they will be big by the end of our season"

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I wrote down #18 and #2 on a board at work preseason. Told my boys "remember these 2 numbers, they will be big by the end of our season"

Jayson Stanley?!

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, since you asked or suggested. Probably the reason Georgia is able to throw a COLD WET blanket over opposing passing attacks and here's why. Georgia WILL NOT encounter a mismatch on the perimeter with Baker, Webb, and Campbell in tow. J R Reed will very quietly emerge as the leader and steadying influence to help stabilize a secondary gaining Championship or Bust "SWAG" by the minute..... And then.... Here comes BATMAN. With an expansive toolbelt that includes Athleticism, Instincts, Character, Hands, Feet, BRAINS and PURE UNADULTERATED LOVE for the game... Probably the reason that Georgia very well could enter January as the #1 overall seed in the CFP in January. SERIOUSLY. The other 2 pieces of the puzzle r 1) Jake Fromm playing turnover free football 2) Pounding that Smirk right off of Tua Tagovailoas FACE. Repeatedly and in good sport. DAWGS WIN!!! DAWGS WIN!!! IT ALL.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Before he leaves UGA he will be named All American and be a 1st Round draft pick. He has the infamous “it” factor.

• Options
    DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's a missile.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

fantastic video, i love video's like these

Richard is going to be something extremely special

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Richie's birthday is 9/11, BTW.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate