Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I predict this is Fromm's last year as our starter......

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

First off I want to say that I love Fromm and what he has done for this program, but we cant ignore that Fields is waiting to get his chance. My prediction is that what happened at Bama is going to happen here at GA. I believe that Fields will gain the starting job by next August and Fromm will be the best back up in college football. I hope Fromm serves as a backup all year, similar to what Hurts is doing, and graduates early to leave as a graduate transfer instead of leaving after 4 games.

The only alternative to this is that Fields transfers and you cant let the number 1 recruit that your program has ever signed transfer out. Everyone needs to remember that this guy beat out Trevor Lawrence in an elite PASSING competition. To top that off he could start as a running back for any power 5 team if he lost function of his throwing hand. He is that good. If I could compare him to anyone it would be a smaller version of Cam Newton with better decision making and ability to read defenses better. I think this dude can be as good or better than TUA and do the same thing for Georgia that Tua is doing for Bama now.

So it comes down to who are you more willing to part with....Fromm or Fields. I will always love Fromm and so thankful for what he has done but I go with Fields in this decision every time.

«13456

Comments

  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @jtdawg2020 said:
    First off I want to say that I love Fromm and what he has done for this program, but we cant ignore that Fields is waiting to get his chance. My prediction is that what happened at Bama is going to happen here at GA. I believe that Fields will gain the starting job by next August and Fromm will be the best back up in college football. I hope Fromm serves as a backup all year, similar to what Hurts is doing, and graduates early to leave as a graduate transfer instead of leaving after 4 games.

    The only alternative to this is that Fields transfers and you cant let the number 1 recruit that your program has ever signed transfer out. Everyone needs to remember that this guy beat out Trevor Lawrence in an elite PASSING competition. To top that off he could start as a running back for any power 5 team if he lost function of his throwing hand. He is that good. If I could compare him to anyone it would be a smaller version of Cam Newton with better decision making and ability to read defenses better. I think this dude can be as good or better than TUA and do the same thing for Georgia that Tua is doing for Bama now.

    So it comes down to who are you more willing to part with....Fromm or Fields. I will always love Fromm and so thankful for what he has done but I go with Fields in this decision every time.

    Well, your posts, like mine, count for nada with the coaching staff. I'm hoping the staff doesn't see it as an either/or type deal, but who knows, In a few years, we'll be posting about other QB's.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Fromm likely need not worry about starting or not starting going forward. He’s our guy, gonna be for better or worse including 2019 and beyond. 4 year starter likely.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JeffSentell said:
    'Twas a perfectly fine opinion you were sharing until you continued on to the notion that Justin could start for any Power 5 team in the land at RB.

    Opinions are always welcome here. But I will just say we can agree to disagree on that one, sir.

    Tua is worth every shred of the hype. No doubt. But the Tide also has about 4-5 receivers that could grab major minutes for any team in the land, too.

    Hard for any young man to do what the likely eventual Heisman Trophy winner is doing right now for Bama without those receivers.

    I agree with all of that.
    I don't think Hankton and the rest of the passing game staff has done a good job with our receiver corp though. We have too much talent to struggle getting open as much as we do. That and miscommunication has been a problem.

  • RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 299 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

    Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

  • 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @coastaldawg said:
    I’ll stick with Fromm until Fields shows that he can use all that potential to give us a better chance of winning. Tom Brady isn’t the most physically gifted QB in pro football, but there’s a reason that many so-called experts consider him the GOAT. Intangibles and football knowledge mean a lot to QBs, don’t know that Fields doesn’t have them, but I know that Fromm does.

    I keep seeing Brady comparisons on the board. What are you picking up on that reminds you of Brady?

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Just using Brady as an example that physical tools aren’t everything in running an offense.

  • bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Fromm will and should be the starter the rest of the year. If/when Fields plays, let him run the playbook and gain legit QB reps. I don’t know about the RB statement but the job is his if he doesn’t transfer he’ll beat Fromm out. I watched Justin and Fromm warm up side by side and there’s no comparison. The ball explodes out of Fields hand and he was just flicking his wrist, it was also hitting his receiver in the numbers every time. Unless Fields has a learning disability he’ll know all the playbook and have some game experience by spring ball. He’ll win the job if he stays. You can argue and disagree all you want but it’s going to happen. Let’s cool it on comparing Fromm to Tom Brady for a second.

  • Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @706Dawg said:

    @coastaldawg said:
    I’ll stick with Fromm until Fields shows that he can use all that potential to give us a better chance of winning. Tom Brady isn’t the most physically gifted QB in pro football, but there’s a reason that many so-called experts consider him the GOAT. Intangibles and football knowledge mean a lot to QBs, don’t know that Fields doesn’t have them, but I know that Fromm does.

    I keep seeing Brady comparisons on the board. What are you picking up on that reminds you of Brady?

    Decision making and ability to read defenses pre and post snap. High football IQ. This is a guy who corrected his OC at the Army All American game concerning WR responsibilities on a given play. The guy is as prepared as your'e gonna find in the college ranks.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

    Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

    Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

  • RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 299 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @bigdawg2223 said:
    Fromm will and should be the starter the rest of the year. If/when Fields plays, let him run the playbook and gain legit QB reps. I don’t know about the RB statement but the job is his if he doesn’t transfer he’ll beat Fromm out. I watched Justin and Fromm warm up side by side and there’s no comparison. The ball explodes out of Fields hand and he was just flicking his wrist, it was also hitting his receiver in the numbers every time. Unless Fields has a learning disability he’ll know all the playbook and have some game experience by spring ball. He’ll win the job if he stays. You can argue and disagree all you want but it’s going to happen. Let’s cool it on comparing Fromm to Tom Brady for a second.

    Agreed. No slight on Fromm, but if/when Fields grasps the offense and displays the same (if not more) command of the QB intangibles that Fromm has, he should start. Just because Fromm is a year older doesn’t mean he gets to keep his job until he graduates. IF Fields is everything people make him out to be (including his smarts), he’s a bigger, faster Fromm

  • RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 299 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @WCDawg said:

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

    Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

    Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

    So you insult and ridicule when you can’t argue your point?? Nice.....

  • OroValleyDawgOroValleyDawg Posts: 215 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    The only thing especially wrong about the original post in this thread was when you mentioned an elite passing competition. Did they have a defense lined up in this competition? Did QBs have to check out of a bad play and in to a good one? Decipher the defensive scheme? Or anything related to real football? Didn't think so.

    I think Kirby will handle this like any other position and Fields will have every opportunity to win the job in the summer (if he doesn't transfer). But the things that Fromm does well (in my first paragraph) are very large in real football. Passing Competitions and Recruiting Stars not so much ...

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

    Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

    Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

    So you insult and ridicule when you can’t argue your point?? Nice.....

    You guys just keep posting the same lame BS, you'd think Saturday would have taught you something.

  • RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 299 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @WCDawg said:

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

    Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

    Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

    So you insult and ridicule when you can’t argue your point?? Nice.....

    You guys just keep posting the same lame BS, you'd think Saturday would have taught you something.

    Let me ask you something. If Kirby decides in spring and summer ball that Fields has progressed where he will be the starter on opening day (based on daily practice observations and evaluations), would you be accepting of that? Or is your bromance with Fromm cloud your judgement....

  • 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Acrum21 said:

    @706Dawg said:

    @coastaldawg said:
    I’ll stick with Fromm until Fields shows that he can use all that potential to give us a better chance of winning. Tom Brady isn’t the most physically gifted QB in pro football, but there’s a reason that many so-called experts consider him the GOAT. Intangibles and football knowledge mean a lot to QBs, don’t know that Fields doesn’t have them, but I know that Fromm does.

    I keep seeing Brady comparisons on the board. What are you picking up on that reminds you of Brady?

    Decision making and ability to read defenses pre and post snap. High football IQ. This is a guy who corrected his OC at the Army All American game concerning WR responsibilities on a given play. The guy is as prepared as your'e gonna find in the college ranks.

    Agreed and fair. What shouldn’t be overlooked is our offensive system will never be as polished as Belichek’s. College game is heavily dependent on play makers although Kirby is aggressively recruiting high IQ players to enhance the system offensively and defensively.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:

    @RedBlackDawg said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

    Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

    Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

    So you insult and ridicule when you can’t argue your point?? Nice.....

    You guys just keep posting the same lame BS, you'd think Saturday would have taught you something.

    Let me ask you something. If Kirby decides in spring and summer ball that Fields has progressed where he will be the starter on opening day (based on daily practice observations and evaluations), would you be accepting of that? Or is your bromance with Fromm cloud your judgement....

    Just support Fromm and see how Fields progresses.
    It's extremely rare to bench a QB who is very effective and a great leader.
    This harping on Fields serves no purpose and is even corrosive.

Sign In or Register to comment.