Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Colin Kapernick has become face of Nike’s new ad campaign

Comments

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    This ad has not gotten a positive review from many people in media and society. I doubt it will last very long. Especially since he isn’t on a team.

According to who old bigoted white males? The press I’ve seen has been great. The racist twitter trolls have been embarising.

• Options

@levander said:
    Nike is way more expensive than other shoes that are built the exact same way. You are a sucker if you were buying Nike shoes to begin with.

Now that is true. I only buy Nikes if they are on sale or at an outlet. I own more Pumas than anything.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can this thread be voted down?

• Options

@judasdurant said:
    Good time to be invested in underarmour, but can we please keep bs like this off the board now that the seasons on? Interferes with stuff we come here for: Football!

Amen sir!

• Options

@Kasey said:
    Bc I agree that Kap is a poor choice for hero. But I still like their shoes the most.

With the phrase they used, Pat Tillman would’ve been a far superior choice

Yet Trump is middle and white americas hero, the person who actually rachetted this rhetoric to a grotesque level .

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,051 mod

Good thing I have a remote control for this forum. Think Ancient Aliens rerun #542 just came on.......outta here!!!!

• Options

@PerroGrande said:
    We are all alarmed by many injustices. Does that give one the right to disrespect the flag, the anthem, and all they stand for? No! Kneeling for the National Anthem is an injustice.

Killings Black Men is direspectful. It’s an injustice to be killed by the people who you pay to protect you. Sad that a flag is more important than a life. Again your favorite black Georgia Bulldog player probably disagrees with you. As long as the black boys tow the line, they are acceptable?

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Another political post. Fun. To steal a Kirby cliche in keeping the main thing the main thing, here’s something to marinate on and get the creative juices flowing...

If Kap has decided to kneel during the anthem for the 22 military vets that decide to take their lives DAILY. Yes everyday, 22 vets commit suicide as they struggle to reacclimate to our society after serving abroad. They’re often under employed, under insured, and get little to no support. If his kneeling was for military vets, how many would still be upset as he “disrespects our flag and country”? I witnessed this first hand being a kid of military parents (both served Army’s Ft. Gordon). It’s not a protest if it’s convenient guys. Again, feel what you feel, but I try not to allow false narratives hijack my ability to think, listen, and learn.

Finally a voice of reason!

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Just so all you guys know, the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs are black, like real black people. They most likely agree with Kaepernick. Hell the team is sponsored by Nike. Many of the comments here are low key racist . How do you cheer for black boys on the field , but make comments directly opposing to what is best for their well being ? If you guys said these statements to any black player on our team, please believe they would not agree with you.

So, a black person who doesn’t support Kap is not a “real” black person?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:

@Kasey said:
    So who will you be buying instead? Adidas? Reebok? New balance?

Didnt you see I am 71. Sketchers shoes and an adidas drool rag.
    PS: wore Sketchers golf shoes today as I shot my age in golf.

Awesome job.

• Options

@pgjackson said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Just so all you guys know, the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs are black, like real black people. They most likely agree with Kaepernick. Hell the team is sponsored by Nike. Many of the comments here are low key racist . How do you cheer for black boys on the field , but make comments directly opposing to what is best for their well being ? If you guys said these statements to any black player on our team, please believe they would not agree with you.

No I was just making sure that people realize that these kids are black like real people and not fake characters on a screen. So keep that smart comeback in your pocket.

• Options

@BigDawgEatin said:

@pgjackson said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

No I was just making sure that people realize that these kids are black like real people and not fake characters on a screen. So keep that smart comeback in your pocket.

Nice try. that’s not at all what you said.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big Dawg, sad that your “protests” are worth more to you than the millions of lives that have been given for that flag and anthem. Also sad that you don’t understand why that might be offensive to most Americans. Nobody is endorsing racism. There is an appropriate way to address that—kneeling during the National Anthem is one of the worst possible ways I can think of to address that problem.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Another political post. Fun. To steal a Kirby cliche in keeping the main thing the main thing, here’s something to marinate on and get the creative juices flowing...

If Kap has decided to kneel during the anthem for the 22 military vets that decide to take their lives DAILY. Yes everyday, 22 vets commit suicide as they struggle to reacclimate to our society after serving abroad. They’re often under employed, under insured, and get little to no support. If his kneeling was for military vets, how many would still be upset as he “disrespects our flag and country”? I witnessed this first hand being a kid of military parents (both served Army’s Ft. Gordon). It’s not a protest if it’s convenient guys. Again, feel what you feel, but I try not to allow false narratives hijack my ability to think, listen, and learn.

Absolutely wrong. I think you’d see vets telling him to stand his ass up and respect the flag. Find a way to protest differently. NEVER disrespect the flag or anthem.

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Stand by for reports of a drop in Nike stock.

Ha, was actually talking to a friend about this. We both have been dabbling in the RobinHood app buying and selling stock with pretty good success.