Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is LSU that good?

Comments

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the LSU game will tell us a lot about the Dawgs. LSU’s offense is meh, but their defense is legit (so far). I’m interested to see the Dawgs o-line versus LSU’s d-line. It will be the best either has faced to that point in the season.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Devin White (ILB #40) was 1st team All SEC in 2017. He is probably the best ILB in the country right now.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Dawgs win by 24 in LSU even if game is at night. Too balanced on offense and LSU running game is shaky at best. Burrow is only a game manager imo. Don’t see them as a threat and they’re already overachieving. We will beat them handily.

Hope you're right. That will be alot more relaxing to watch than a nail biter. And will make a STATEMENT

IMO, barring injury we will not be challenged in regular season for 4 quarters. We are THAT good. Dec. 1 determines this years national championship winner. Two horse race imo.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not impressed by Joe Burrow. he doesn't run well or handle pressure all that well. Kind of a carbon-copy of Stidham, who is basically the same. Doesn't run well or handle pressure well. If we can pressure both of them, they'll eff up and we'll beat them.

Also not impressed by Gus Malzahn. Never really have been.....

He had this win, went conservative (an old story with him) and they lost because of it. AU's big RB, Whitlow, is another 'Dancing Bear' type of back who waits for the hole before he takes off. Their other back is a lightweight who just tries to hit the hole fast. Their TEs are the trouble spot to cover.

LSU also has a couple of real tall WRs that Auburn had trouble with. Baker can handle one of them, but who takes care of the other?

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Dawgs win by 24 in LSU even if game is at night. Too balanced on offense and LSU running game is shaky at best. Burrow is only a game manager imo. Don’t see them as a threat and they’re already overachieving. We will beat them handily.

Hope you're right. That will be alot more relaxing to watch than a nail biter. And will make a STATEMENT

IMO, barring injury we will not be challenged in regular season for 4 quarters. We are THAT good. Dec. 1 determines this years national championship winner. Two horse race imo.

That would be unfortunate--to not be challenged in regular season. Hoping we get one or two before the season ends.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

That would be unfortunate--to not be challenged in regular season. Hoping we get one or two before the season ends.

Probably similar SOS as Bama. Bama's top games will be LSU and Auburn...same as us. Bama played Louisville in OOC, we play GT. Is TAMU, Ole Miss and MissSt much better than Mizzou, KY, and fla/TN? Don't know yet. At the bottom I'm pretty sure Vandy is way better than Arky. As for the cupcakes...we player AP and MTSU, Bama has Arky St and Citadel.

I guess the point is we will be tested about as much as Bama will be.

• Options
    MidseasonFrommMidseasonFromm Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

LSU has a lack of big offensive weapons. We're all saying that Aurburn's defense is legit, but it might not be this year. LSU didn't look impressive in that game. I don't doubt they'll get hammered by Bama, and when we come to town, it will be much of the same. Our defense is too fast and too physical for them. Their offense is so vanilla. As for their defense, I don't think it's any more special than other defenses I've seen. Our line combined with our backs and Chaney's mind means that our run game will always get something. And Terry will no doubt be healthy by then so Mecole and Terry will add downfield threats to them that will over match. Plus, teams won't be able to break down what our offense will be like once we start throwing it downfield. As of now, it is pretty vanilla and can be opened up any time we need to to.

So to conclude, no they're not "for real" in terms of the playoff or legitimate contenders. Yes, they just beat two top 10 teams, but they can't beat a Georgia, or a Bama, and there's two losses. No spot for them.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm hoping both teams roll into that game undefeated.

And then we show them the firepower of our fully armed and operational battle station... (Less any exhaust vent issues)

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@law_dawg35 The LSU defense IS, in fact that good. The offense is adequate. Serviceable. The LSU Tiger Stadium crowd (at night, in "Death Valley") AND in front of 100,000 screaming, crazy, & (a large portion of them) might just perhaps be somewhat drunk also??? THAT game right there, on October 13th of this season IS going to be a place where these Georgia Bulldogs can SHOW what they are made of!!!!
    GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    And then we show them the firepower of our fully armed and operational battle station... (Less any exhaust vent issues)

Congratulations, sir. You just won the internet for today.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@moos said:

Congratulations, sir. You just won the internet for today.

Ain't no womp-rat-sized holes in my game...

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will hold judgement until they play Florida before making my decision on how good LSU really is.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:
    @law_dawg35 The LSU defense IS, in fact that good. The offense is adequate. Serviceable. The LSU Tiger Stadium crowd (at night, in "Death Valley") AND in front of 100,000 screaming, crazy, & (a large portion of them) might just perhaps be somewhat drunk also??? THAT game right there, on October 13th of this season IS going to be a place where these Georgia Bulldogs can SHOW what they are made of!!!!
    GO DAWGS!!!!

I predict it'll be the CBS game at 3:30 ET (2:30 CT). Hope so. If so, the Crazy Cajuns won't be near as likkered up and rowdy.

• Options
    DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BullyDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    GO DAWGS!!!!

I predict it'll be the CBS game at 3:30 ET (2:30 CT). Hope so. If so, the Crazy Cajuns won't be near as likkered up and rowdy.

No other games that weekend should be 3:30. If they give them a night game it would be because they want to have atmosphere. CBS should want this as their #1 game.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

@BullyDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    GO DAWGS!!!!

wanna bet.....they will just continue getting likkered up from Friday night

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:
    Not impressed by Joe Burrow. he doesn't run well or handle pressure all that well. Kind of a carbon-copy of Stidham, who is basically the same. Doesn't run well or handle pressure well. If we can pressure both of them, they'll eff up and we'll beat them.

Also not impressed by Gus Malzahn. Never really have been.....

He had this win, went conservative (an old story with him) and they lost because of it. AU's big RB, Whitlow, is another 'Dancing Bear' type of back who waits for the hole before he takes off. Their other back is a lightweight who just tries to hit the hole fast. Their TEs are the trouble spot to cover.

LSU also has a couple of real tall WRs that Auburn had trouble with. Baker can handle one of them, but who takes care of the other?

Tyson Campbell is 6' 2.5" and will have played 6 games by the time LSU comes around.

• Options

It's funny when you have the #14 passing offense in the conference...and it's considered a huge upgrade over the year before.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought both Auburn and LSU looked pretty good, but we simply don't have enough information yet.

Virginia Tech looked world class killing FSU. Now their win looks like a win over a dumpster fire.

My guess is we'll be approaching every SEC game as if our A-Game is required to win. I certainly hope that's the case. Can you imagine Kirby saying, "Boys, we really don't have to play very well to beat the team we'e up against on Saturday. You can just relax this week. It's a gimme."

We'll know soon enough how well we stack up against LSU, but right now I'm concerned about our team. We need to improve for this Saturday's game.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    I thought both Auburn and LSU looked pretty good, but we simply don't have enough information yet.

Virginia Tech looked world class killing FSU. Now their win looks like a win over a dumpster fire.

My guess is we'll be approaching every SEC game as if our A-Game is required to win. I certainly hope that's the case. Can you imagine Kirby saying, "Boys, we really don't have to play very well to beat the team we'e up against on Saturday. You can just relax this week. It's a gimme."

We'll know soon enough how well we stack up against LSU, but right now I'm concerned about our team. We need to improve for this Saturday's game.

Go, Dawgs!

I seriously doubt Kirby has ever said that.

• Options

I believe KY is the dark horse in the SECE this year. They look pretty good. Better not sleep on them for sure.