Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mizzou Game

2»

Comments

• Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MODawg said:

@EastAtlDawg said:
    If we don’t put up at least 50 on Missouri I will be highly disappointed Purdue put up over 500 yards against Mizzou.Purdue is a team who lost to Northwestern and Eastern Michigan at home! Purdue is 0-3 and played Mizzou really close only losing 40-37. We should kill Mizzou they have small corners and big linebackers who are suited for run defense but they aren’t fast more like 4.8 speed type of linebackers. There defensive line is probably the best part of there defense.Outside of Terry Beckner there defensive tackle I don’t see to much talent on the defensive line that scares me.They might score a touchdown or two throwing the ball but we will lock it up for the most part. Are secondary is better this year.

Final score 51-17 Georgia

That final looks good to me

Me too

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,968 mod

@EastAtlDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@EastAtlDawg said:
    If we don’t put up at least 50 on Missouri I will be highly disappointed Purdue put up over 500 yards against Mizzou.Purdue is a team who lost to Northwestern and Eastern Michigan at home! Purdue is 0-3 and played Mizzou really close only losing 40-37. We should kill Mizzou they have small corners and big linebackers who are suited for run defense but they aren’t fast more like 4.8 speed type of linebackers. There defensive line is probably the best part of there defense.Outside of Terry Beckner there defensive tackle I don’t see to much talent on the defensive line that scares me.They might score a touchdown or two throwing the ball but we will lock it up for the most part. Are secondary is better this year.

Me too

Not me!!!! If we let them score 17 it means we got negative 4 sacks and they picked apart our defense. Unacceptable!!!!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,968 mod

@EastAtlDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

Me too

Not me!!!! If we let them score 17 it means we got negative 4 sacks and they picked apart our defense. Unacceptable!!!!

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Just pulled all this data for a post on another site, but it exceeded my expectations in outlining how over-rated some of Mizzouri's stats (especially Mr. Lock) may be in light of their competition.

Headline of SDS article was "Since last loss to Georgia, Drew Lock and Mizzou have been rolling"

So I took a look at who they "rolled" against. This is Mizzouri's line-up since last October's game in Athens:

Ranked Teams: 0
    Teams with Winning Record: 0

’17 Idaho, (4-8)
    ’17 Connecticut, (3-9)
    ’17 Florida (4-7)
    ’17 Tennessee (4-8)
    ’17 Vanderbilt (5-7)
    ’17 Arkansas (4-8)
    ’17 Texas (Bowl game Loss) (6-6)
    ’18 TN-Martin (0-3)
    ’18 Wyoming (1-2)
    ’18 Purdue (0-3)

No wonder they have a 9 game regular season streak going...

• Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

@MODawg said:

@EastAtlDawg said:

Me too

They get the last 7 in garbage time no worries.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Just pulled all this data for a post on another site, but it exceeded my expectations in outlining how over-rated some of Mizzouri's stats (especially Mr. Lock) may be in light of their competition.

Headline of SDS article was "Since last loss to Georgia, Drew Lock and Mizzou have been rolling"

So I took a look at who they "rolled" against. This is Mizzouri's line-up since last October's game in Athens:

Ranked Teams: 0
    Teams with Winning Record: 0

’17 Idaho, (4-8)
    ’17 Connecticut, (3-9)
    ’17 Florida (4-7)
    ’17 Tennessee (4-8)
    ’17 Vanderbilt (5-7)
    ’17 Arkansas (4-8)
    ’17 Texas (Bowl game Loss) (6-6)
    ’18 TN-Martin (0-3)
    ’18 Wyoming (1-2)
    ’18 Purdue (0-3)

No wonder they have a 9 game regular season streak going...

Why, that’s a veritable murderers’ row right there. Surprised they didn’t play UCF for the NC.

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

I predict Fromm won't play in the 4th quarter at all.......just like the first 3 games this year

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:
    I predict Fromm won't play in the 4th quarter at all.......just like the first 3 games this year

I like it

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

I wonder if a starting QB who didn't get injured never played in the 4th quarter for a whole season. That would be something.

• Options
    edited September 2018

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

I wonder if a starting QB who didn't get injured never played in the 4th quarter for a whole season. That would be something.

I would rather be relaxed while watching the game. My family would definitely appreciate me not scaring them and the dogs(not dawgs) with my yelling at the tv.

Ps I'd take that in the SECC and NC also. Beatdown for 3 qts then coast to a win

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

This regular season could be a real possibility.

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

I would rather be relaxed while watching the game. My family would definitely appreciate me not scaring them and the dogs(not dawgs) with my yelling at the tv.

Ps I'd take that in the SECC and NC also. Beatdown for 3 qts then coast to a win

Georgia's games have been so boring. I got so hyped for the A&M vs Clemson game and my wife is like you're more excited about this game than the Georgia game. Curb stompings aren't that entertaining to me.

• Options

@ColaDawg86 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

Georgia's games have been so boring. I got so hyped for the A&M vs Clemson game and my wife is like you're more excited about this game than the Georgia game. Curb stompings aren't that entertaining to me.

Understand. But if it's the dawgs, I been waiting a long time. I'll take an easy road to a NC. Know that may sound unsportsmanlike but calls dont always go your way. Take em however you can get em . Wins that is

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lock has a strong arm, but he trusts his arm too much. He tries to force balls in too often.

He’s good for at least one pick per game. The water may cause us to drop that opportunity.
    Of course it will cause the wrs to use their bodies instead of catching with their hands, thus, allowing us the chance of deflections and a split second extra to get to the wr.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ColaDawg86 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

Agreed on the boring part. 3-0 with 3 blowouts is boring. I'd rather watch a different game than the 4th quarter of ours.

So this is what it feels like to be Bama fans?

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

Understand. But if it's the dawgs, I been waiting a long time. I'll take an easy road to a NC. Know that may sound unsportsmanlike but calls dont always go your way. Take em however you can get em . Wins that is

Let me make it clear, I am loving Georgia's success. But would I rather watch Georgia run the clock out the whole 2nd half or watch a game that goes down to the wire? I've been waiting 26 years for Georgia to be dominate myself. I'm more so talking about entertainment value.

• Options

@georgiaboy said:

@ColaDawg86 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

@ADDICTED2DAWGS said:

I like it

Agreed on the boring part. 3-0 with 3 blowouts is boring. I'd rather watch a different game than the 4th quarter of ours.

So this is what it feels like to be Bama fans?

I believe so. Beating Ole Miss like they did is amazing to see. If we do that to UF and UTe annually, I'd be pumped!