Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Life is about to change

JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gentleman we made it to the big show! Our own category! Gentleman do not skimp on the pics or the recipes. Post them all up. Super pumped we have an area now to wrangle all this in. I love food and love different takes on dishes. @donm bro digs desserts recipes as well.

Let’s load up on different recipes! Dawgnation cookbook is in our future.

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh also thanks to @JeffSentell papa Sentell for making this happen!

@RPMdawg said:
    Dang Jrt thought you were having a baby when I read the thread title

Bro you better knock on some wood for me. I did. We currently have two babies in the Tanner household

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@RPMdawg said:

Bro you better knock on some wood for me. I did. We currently have two babies in the Tanner household

Congrats! Twins? And you have time to post.

@RPMdawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@RPMdawg said:

Congrats! Twins? And you have time to post.

Nope. Just blessed with a boy and girl

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I guess this thread has something to do with buns in the oven. Care to share the recipe??

JK. Been there done that........

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I guess this thread has something to do with buns in the oven. Care to share the recipe??

JK. Been there done that........

Hahaha. Nope, just about food. Post your stuff from game day.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we drag that PB&J thread over here?

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Gentleman we made it to the big show! Our own category! Gentleman do not skimp on the pics or the recipes. Post them all up. Super pumped we have an area now to wrangle all this in. I love food and love different takes on dishes. @donm bro digs desserts recipes as well.

Looking forward to the recipes for sure

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My buddy (who's actually a Florida fan) actually has this pretty good dip that I make during game day sometimes and to parties.

Ingredients
    1. 1 Can of Rotelle
    2. 1 stick of cream cheese
    3. Italian sausage (I use spicy)
    4. Bags of Tostitos Scoops

Cook the sausage. Put the can of Rotelle and cream cheese into like a mini small cooker and let them blend. Throw the sausage in there. I cut up the sausage into smaller pieces. You can use Cholula sauce to make the dip spicier. Then use the Tostitos scoops to scoop up the dip and enjoy.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am actually looking for ideas for something for the tailgate this weekend

I generally cook/smoke the night before. I always do something bacon themed and never do the same thing twice

I am thinking ABTs this weekend. Slice jalapenos and/or sweet peppers in half. Fill with a cream cheese/shredded cheese mix. Optional can top with a lil smokie or a raw shrimp, 40 ct size. Wrap in bacon. Smoke or cook raised direct.

In the past I have done everything from bacon candy to bacon explosion to bacon crackers

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:

I generally cook/smoke the night before. I always do something bacon themed and never do the same thing twice

I am thinking ABTs this weekend. Slice jalapenos and/or sweet peppers in half. Fill with a cream cheese/shredded cheese mix. Optional can top with a lil smokie or a raw shrimp, 40 ct size. Wrap in bacon. Smoke or cook raised direct.

In the past I have done everything from bacon candy to bacon explosion to bacon crackers

Have you done bacon wrapped hotdogs with jalapeno bits stuffed inside the dog?

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is something different: cook some lentils with chopped onion, garlic, a couple of chopped pickled jalapeno slices, salt and pepper. Now grill some large portobello caps with a little marinade in them. Take the lentils and fill the portobellos. Top with a sliced cheese of your choice. A little bit of fresh cilantro on top of the melted cheese. You could put jalapeno slices on top of the cheese for those who want the pop. You could also try making a sandwich out of that, too. You would need the right type of bread to handle it capably.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    Here is something different: cook some lentils with chopped onion, garlic, a couple of chopped pickled jalapeno slices, salt and pepper. Now grill some large portobello caps with a little marinade in them. Take the lentils and fill the portobellos. Top with a sliced cheese of your choice. A little bit of fresh cilantro on top of the melted cheese. You could put jalapeno slices on top of the cheese for those who want the pop. You could also try making a sandwich out of that, too. You would need the right type of bread to handle it capably.

Yikes. Maybe I should say Eureka! You appear to have struck gold. Thanks.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

I have not. Because everything would be served cold, or room temp at best, I try to think of items that'll taste decent in at those temps. Not sure hot dogs would. But I can def. try that for weekends I watch the games at the house!

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    My buddy (who's actually a Florida fan) actually has this pretty good dip that I make during game day sometimes and to parties.

Ingredients
    1. 1 Can of Rotelle

Cook the sausage. Put the can of Rotelle and cream cheese into like a mini small cooker and let them blend. Throw the sausage in there. I cut up the sausage into smaller pieces. You can use Cholula sauce to make the dip spicier. Then use the Tostitos scoops to scoop up the dip and enjoy.

Yeah that's a good one and pretty darn easy!

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

Looking forward to the recipes for sure

Me as well. It’s been raining so much here that I have been trying to get caught up and then get ahead because of more rain this upcoming Friday. I hope to have some stuff posted soon to add to the thread

@DawgsofWar said:

Ingredients
    1. 1 Can of Rotelle

Love it. We use spicy as well, but sometimes also use regular with spicy for others... plus a can of cream of mushroom. I hate mushrooms, but whatever the wife makes is legit dip

@tfk_fanboy said:

Your for sure on point with the jalapeño poppers. Where are you tailgating?

@DawgsofWar said:

@tfk_fanboy said:

Never done it. Bro let me blow your mind. Get hoagie buns and grill some dogs. Make some bbq and place it on top of the dog with some bbq sauce. Bro talk about living good