Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby's jab at Auburn

ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"I dont think you need energy and enthusiasm against Auburn. If we do, we got some other problems "

Comments

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SwimDawg said:

@ThisDawg said:
    "I dont think you need energy and enthusiasm against Auburn. If we do, we got some other problems "

Don’t think that’s what he meant. On the contrary I believe he meant that Auburn is a big enough rivalry game that you don’t need gimmicks to get motivated. There’s enough at stake. #GoDawgs.

Maybe I just felt like he was portraying confidence in his team. No doubt the stakes are big enough. Just don't want to blow your **** on Auburn. Really feel like we are bottling up the hype for Bama.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Nice way of saying that Black Jersey's are fake juice

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

He was elaborating on a question asked to him about whether or not we’d be wearing black jerseys for this game

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby thinks we can sleepwalk to a win against Auburn... either he's really got this team practicing well or he's going to be eating some humble pie on Saturday.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fake News for $400 Alex

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GrayDawg said:
    Kirby thinks we can sleepwalk to a win against Auburn... either he's really got this team practicing well or he's going to be eating some humble pie on Saturday.

Kirby didn't mean anything what the OP stated. The quote is taken out of context.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@GrayDawg said:

Kirby didn't mean anything what the OP stated. The quote is taken out of context.

Sorry, I didn't make it obvious enough that I was being sarcastic.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GrayDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@GrayDawg said:

Sorry, I didn't make it obvious enough that I was being sarcastic.

I’d say so. You put a Kirby quote and just called it a jab at Auburn. 1/10 on delivery

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SwimDawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

Don’t think that’s what he meant. On the contrary I believe he meant that Auburn is a big enough rivalry game that you don’t need gimmicks to get motivated. There’s enough at stake. #GoDawgs.

Like my dry cleaner says, absorootly.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnms said:
    Nice way of saying that Black Jersey's are fake juice

They were, and they weren't. Against AU in 2007? No. Against Hawaii in the 2008 Sugar Bowl? No. Against Alabama in 2008? Yes. Against La. Lafayette in 2016? Somewhat. Kirby needed a spark with a new team and staff.

We're 3-1 in black. What does all that mean? Absolutely nothing now. I think Kirby doesn't like them because it was he that stated we were wearing black because we were 'going to a mother-effing funeral' back when UGA played Alabama in 2008.