Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Drink A Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day +

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So you take a break and reach for a soft drink/coke/pop. What do you choose? Coke/Pepsi? Other? I heard it said that Pepsi drinkers will on occasion try a Coke, but Coke drinkers will never touch a Pepsi. Is that true for you.

While drinking your carbonated beverage with caffeine today, sit down and enjoy National Play Monopoly Day. Does anyone still play board games or have we gone over to the dark side with video games?

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Coke day a real thing ?
    If families have stopped playing board games, western civilization might be in a death spiral.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

one of the coffee shops here has a drink they call darth vader. it is a Coke with a shot of espresso

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:
    one of the coffee shops here has a drink they call darth vader. it is a Coke with a shot of espresso

hmm. I don't drink coffee (never have had any other than 2 "irish" coffees one night. But it sounds kind of interesting for sure.

@tfk_fanboy said:

It doesn't sound terribly different from some of the ultra high caffeine carbonated energy drinks on the market. Except taste wise maybe.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm at Emory so the coca-cola corporation has paid for like 75% of my tuition. I'm contractually obligated to say "f u c k pepsi"

@benjaminwgregg said:
    I'm at Emory so the coca-cola corporation has paid for like 75% of my tuition. I'm contractually obligated to say "f u c k pepsi"

Well then, you're doing your job this morning.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

I don't drink sugared drinks now that I'm a grown up, but if you drink Pepsi over Coke you're not a southerner. Full stop.

As for board games, my extended family, three generations worth, play hours of board games and card games when we get together, which will happen this Wed/Thu/Fri for Thanksgiving.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

Had a Mexican coke with peanuts this afternoon

I'll put in a good word for Cheerwine. If you're not familiar, it's basically a cherry soda, but far better than anything the big boys produce. If I'm going to drink a sugared/carbonated drink, that is far and away the best I've ever had. Hard to find in parts of Georgia. Usually try to enjoy one when I'm in North Carolina.

@AnotherDawg said:
    I don't drink sugared drinks now that I'm a grown up, but if you drink Pepsi over Coke you're not a southerner. Full stop.

As for board games, my extended family, three generations worth, play hours of board games and card games when we get together, which will happen this Wed/Thu/Fri for Thanksgiving.

What is Pepsi?

edited November 2018

I’ll be honest I can’t stand board games. Takes to long and my upbringing of if you’re not cheating you aren’t trying doesn’t ever go over well with wife.

@JRT812 said:
    I’ll be honest I can’t stand board games. Takes to long and my upbringing of if you’re not cheating you aren’t trying doesn’t ever go over well with wife.

Yeah, my ex-wife and her family weren't into board games either. Different strokes.

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

Yeah, my ex-wife and her family weren't into board games either. Different strokes.

For different folks

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

For different folks

When in Rome.

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

For different folks

When in Rome.

Hahaha

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

For different folks

When in Rome.

Hahaha

Just to finish it off in style...

https://youtu.be/J9jaEvjrmlQ

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Quit drinking carbonated soft drinks well over 10 years ago. Used to do 10 Diet Cokes a day and finally said this sh!t can't be good for me. Dropped it like a bowling ball on a hardwood floor. The only carbonated drink that I do now is beer..........

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

For different folks

When in Rome.

Hahaha

Just to finish it off in style...

https://youtu.be/J9jaEvjrmlQ

Waiting for some ole ron

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:
    I'll put in a good word for Cheerwine. If you're not familiar, it's basically a cherry soda, but far better than anything the big boys produce. If I'm going to drink a sugared/carbonated drink, that is far and away the best I've ever had. Hard to find in parts of Georgia. Usually try to enjoy one when I'm in North Carolina.

Ummm, Cheerwine! I also remember as a kid going to my Grandp's barber shop in Hickory, NC where I came into the world, he always had RC Cola and Moonpies. Also related to Cheerwine is Sundrop, a lemon-li me soda that mixed well with moonshine or ****. The girls really liked it, so we did too. 😉

edited November 2018

@Catfish said:

@AnotherDawg said:

Ummm, Cheerwine! I also remember as a kid going to my Grandp's barber shop in Hickory, NC where I came into the world, he always had RC Cola and Moonpies. Also related to Cheerwine is Sundrop, a lemon-li me soda that mixed well with moonshine or ****. The girls really liked it, so we did too. 😉

My dad grew up on RC and moonpies, and I am familiar with Sundrop as well!