Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dressing VS Stuffing

JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty sure how I know how this will go (hope so). After reading Connor’s good
Day UGA article this morning, he mentioned dressing should actually be called stuffing.

Please help me educate the young man by telling me what the proper name is for dressing. What do you call it?

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HomerCast said:
    If you are from the south you make dressing not stuffing. Dressing is normally made with cornbread and eggs. Stuffing is made with bread. Thanks Mom.

I thank your mother for raising you correctly as well

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HomerCast said:
    If you are from the south you make dressing not stuffing. Dressing is normally made with cornbread and eggs. Stuffing is made with bread. Thanks Mom.

^^ This. Yum!

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dressing!

If you ever get sick off of stuffing you'll never go back.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    Dressing!

It’s almost a sure thing

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

Dressing!

It’s almost a sure thing

I'm waaaaaaaaaay over Turkey for Thanksgiving. Today's will be the last I ever cook. Starting next year I'm going to come up with something different. Perhaps grilling a marinated leg of Lamb.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dressing. I distrust stuffing voters.

@dawgnation7 said:
    I thought stuffing was made in the turkey and dressing was made in a pan lol

Stuffing = stuffed up a turkey's butt....that ain't right.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dressing is the only way to go.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

I don't think stuffing people even vote.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

Dressing!

It’s almost a sure thing

I'm waaaaaaaaaay over Turkey for Thanksgiving. Today's will be the last I ever cook. Starting next year I'm going to come up with something different. Perhaps grilling a marinated leg of Lamb.

Did you brine your turkey, pilgrim?

DID YOU BRINE YOUR TURKEY!!

If not, then you are NOT over turkey! Today's will NOT be the last one you ever cook. You owe it to yourself and your minions to COOK A PROPERLY MOIST TURKEY.

Between now and then, get comfortable brining your poultry and the 'other' white meat.

If you were to apologize, it would really be to yourself, so I won't insist on that.

• atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

This.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:

@WCDawg said:

If they do, it shouldn’t count.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I applaud your creativity. Who knows, the first Pilgrims might have said, "who the he!! decided to cook a turkey today" and yet it caught on. Who knows...leg of lamb > @Casanova_Flatulence said:

@JRT812 said:

Dressing!

It’s almost a sure thing

I'm waaaaaaaaaay over Turkey for Thanksgiving. Today's will be the last I ever cook. Starting next year I'm going to come up with something different. Perhaps grilling a marinated leg of Lamb will start a whole new thing....maybe Thanksgiving will become CF day in your honor. I like the way you roll on this one.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:
    I applaud your creativity. Who knows, the first Pilgrims might have said, "who the he!! decided to cook a turkey today" and yet it caught on. Who knows...leg of lamb > @Casanova_Flatulence said:

@JRT812 said:

Dressing!

It’s almost a sure thing

I'm waaaaaaaaaay over Turkey for Thanksgiving. Today's will be the last I ever cook. Starting next year I'm going to come up with something different. Perhaps grilling a marinated leg of Lamb will start a whole new thing....maybe Thanksgiving will become CF day in your honor. I like the way you roll on this one.

To many great ways to fix a turkey but yes brining is very important. Smoke em on the egg, deep fry are two of my favorites. I prefer dressing but you have got to have gravy for it, to many dry dressings out there.

@Catfish said:

@WCDawg said:

I hope they don't.

• riverdawg7905riverdawg7905 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

The term Turkey and stuffing has never been said as far as I can remember as a child. Dressing is what's for Thanksgiving.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnation7 said:
    I thought stuffing was made in the turkey and dressing was made in a pan lol

This ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

I'm a dressing guy by the way