Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Bacon Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JRT812 said:

@DirtDawg said:

@allyw said:
    I feel like we would be remiss to not mention the king of bacon.

I can never get the bacon done enough without cooking the shrimp too much. What's the secret?

Cook the shrimp somewhat first and then wrap finish on a high heat

Opposite. Pre-cook the bacon.

Have never cooked this dish but I'd go with option # 2 - pe-cook the bacon and let it finish with the shrimp.

Also, use the largest shrimp you can find. Chill them and then wrap with pre warmed/cooked 🥓 just before grilling/broiling. Mmmmm.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:

@donm said:

@Bankwalker said:

@JRT812 said:

@DirtDawg said:

@allyw said:
    I feel like we would be remiss to not mention the king of bacon.

I can never get the bacon done enough without cooking the shrimp too much. What's the secret?

Cook the shrimp somewhat first and then wrap finish on a high heat

Opposite. Pre-cook the bacon.

Have never cooked this dish but I'd go with option # 2 - pe-cook the bacon and let it finish with the shrimp.

Also, use the largest shrimp you can find. Chill them and then wrap with pre warmed/cooked 🥓 just before grilling/broiling. Mmmmm.

I'll give this a shot as soon as possible. Thanks!

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DirtDawg you have to report back on how well it works!

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@allyw I've actually had good luck using prosciutto ham instead of bacon.