Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia vs Tennessee Game Thread

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia is playing nervous right now. Everyone needs to settle down.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this looks like a Fox team. we have no point guard and no offense at all.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not looking too good.

Our players look like lower division-- like kids playing against men.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are a glutton for punishment to even get your hopes up.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Fire Tom Crean!!

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee has a really good team, if we can make it a decent game at their place it will be a good showing for our young team.

Our guys need to hit the weights.

@Bankwalker said:

Tennessee doesn't have #3 ranked level talent. they had the same roster last year and we beat them.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was over when it started.

edited January 2019

@Kasey said:
    Fire Tom Crean!!

I think our basketball program will be about what it is now in 5 years.
    Ok, maybe too negative, but I'm wore out from false hope.
    I just don't think we're a basketball school.

• AaronUTAaronUT Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

@brentwilson said:

@Bankwalker said:

Tennessee doesn't have #3 ranked level talent. they had the same roster last year and we beat them.

TN has beaten a #1 and should have beaten a 2nd in Kansas. UT is just playing way above their level consistently. Gotta blame something.

@brentwilson said:

@Bankwalker said:

The Vols haven't signed a single top 50 player over the past 4 recruiting classes, what they are doing is remarkable.

Here we sit in the most talent rich state and we're losing out on kids within an hour and a half of campus to Bama, Auburn and just about everybody else.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously bad loss today for a lot of reasons. There’s a lot of work to be done.

i understand maybe losing by the spread (14) or maybe 20-25 but a 46 point loss is very embarrassing. this has been a horrible month for dawg fans and it just keeps getting worse.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to rag on talent, but outside of Crump, Hammonds, Claxton, and Hightower, everyone else on the team either isn't that good right now, or had their confidence destroyed by Mark Fox's stupidly rigid philosophy a while ago.

While it's not as bad as this, this team was never going to be better than mediocre this year even if you had kept Fox.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Barnes is an A-HOLE!

@PlayHurt said:
    Barnes is an A-HOLE!

i agree. didn't take starters out until 4-5 minutes up. walk-ons went in with 58 seconds left. Crean will remember that once he gets his talent in here.

@GeorgiaGirl said:
    I hate to rag on talent, but outside of Crump, Hammonds, Claxton, and Hightower, everyone else on the team either isn't that good right now, or had their confidence destroyed by Mark Fox's stupidly rigid philosophy a while ago.

While it's not as bad as this, this team was never going to be better than mediocre this year even if you had kept Fox.

once Fox recruits get flushed out of the program we will be fine.

edited January 2019

@brentwilson said:

@PlayHurt said:
    Barnes is an A-HOLE!

i agree. didn't take starters out until 4-5 minutes up. walk-ons went in with 58 seconds left. Crean will remember that once he gets his talent in here.

Barnes might be thinking about impressing Georgia HS talent. It seems to be going everywhere but Athens .

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@brentwilson said:

@GeorgiaGirl said:

once Fox recruits get flushed out of the program we will be fine.

Don't think it's as open and shut as that. Some of them need to go since their confidence just isn't going to be rebuilt, but some of them have legit talent, Hammonds and Claxton especially do.

Needs would be a legit passing PG and better play in a new system, and that's probably it to at least get back to 21-13 type seasons. Which won't be this year, but could be next.