Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fields in Athens last night???

Comments

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@levander said:
    What I want to know is how they handled the elephant in the room, Jake Fromm.

Kirby's been doing this awhile though. Surely he's well versed into how to skate around the issue, emphasize competition while also talking about how great the current recruit he's going after is...

Fields said he wants to see how much playing time Fromm gets. If he doesn't get a lot of playing time, he feels he'll be neck and neck in the QB battle to take over after Eason leaves. If Fromm gets a lot of playing time, and does well, he'll probably go to FSU. If Fromm doesn't play well, he'll probably feel he has a good shot to beat him out. This was said months ago, so he may realize he can't see how the whole season play out with Fromm before he commits. That is, if he wants to help build the class at the school he chooses.

Well that puts the Bulldog fan in a precarious situation. So now the best path is that Fromm does poorly?

I tell you. If anyone sees a Florida State sweat band anywhere near Justin's twitter page before he announces, there could be incidences of fan violence break out.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Fields was in Athens. Watched Saturday's practice.

That makes it HUGE. Watch practice, dinner and the fight. With travel that must have made it 12-16 hours! That's more than exchanging pleasantries. GO DAWGS

• Options
    BradDogBradDog Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2017

I received lots and lots of hate months ago when I stated "Fromm is a career number 2 QB".

Well, the fact is Fromm just doesn't have the velocity against SEC Defensive backfields to make all the throws.

SOZ Fromm fans, just the way I see it.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

I think he just came in and reconfirmed his silent.....

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Curious if anyone can confirm whether his sister made the trip as well since Mr. and Mrs. Fields was in town with Justin?

• Options
    dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm will make up for what he lacks in arm strength with knowledge of the playbook and ability to read defences. He will be the starter in 2020. If he is not it will be because Fields is all world.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm picking up what Kirby is laying down....

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't have access, can anyone share who the teammate is and position

• Options
    ajf611ajf611 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2017

Three-star wide receiver Steven Peterson; he seemed pleased with the offer but still looking for a full ride (does not want his parents paying anything if they don't have to). Nothing wrong with that. FSU does not appear to have anything for him; Auburn sounds like a possibility (PWO), but he could not camp there due to injury. He is getting exposure from everyone coming to watch JF. My guess is he gets an offer from a small/mid major and goes, but as of now, just an Air Force offer.

• Options

@dawgy10 said:
    Don't have access, can anyone share who the teammate is and position

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/steven-peterson-justin-fields-preferred-walk-on

• Options

@ajf611 said:
    Three-star wide receiver Steven Peterson; he seemed pleased with the offer but still looking for a full ride (does not want his parents paying anything if they don't have to). Nothing wrong with that. FSU does not appear to have anything for him; Auburn sounds like a possibility (PWO), but he could not camp there due to injury. He is getting exposure from everyone coming to watch JF. My guess is he gets an offer from a small/mid major and goes, but as of now, just an Air Force offer.

In state v out of state and Hope favors UGA over AU BIG

• Options

@Denmen185 said:

@ajf611 said:

In state v out of state and Hope favors UGA over AU BIG

Agreed, but AU seems to find a way (kind of like Ole Miss only "better")

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean he is an instate kid so he can qualify for hope which pays most of it today or if he has the grades and test scores Zell Miller which pays all of it.

• Options
    edited August 2017

@dbrown7494 said:
    I mean he is an instate kid so he can qualify for hope which pays most of it today or if he has the grades and test scores Zell Miller which pays all of it.

Zell only pays for tuition. Still have to pay fees, books and room. Not sure if PWO gets any of that paid for, but trust me, it costs a good bit.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This reminds me of Patrick Jeffers who was a walk-on at the University of Virginia and played with Pace Academy Head Coach Chris Slade. After walking on at UVA, Jeffers went on to have a nice career in the NFL after being drafted in the 5th Round by Denver.