Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Update on Anthony Edwards

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this would be insane

Comments

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need guard help immediately. Crean was gored to recruit and coach. He’s in a talent rich state and could turn things around fast if he can recruit locally. I hope he delivers and think he will.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Every time I see this name all I can think of is Goose from Top Gun. If he commits to the G that will be my nickname for him

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey said:
    Every time I see this name all I can think of is Goose from Top Gun. If he commits to the G that will be my nickname for him

Don't forget about his near OSCAR winning performance as Gilbert in Revenge of the Nerds.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is he bringing Booger and Poindexter with him?

@donm said:

@greshamdisco said:
    We need guard help immediately. Crean was gored to recruit and coach. He’s in a talent rich state and could turn things around fast if he can recruit locally. I hope he delivers and think he will.

Hope the signing ceremony wasn’t too painful! :)

I've thought McGarity was full of BS but maybe he has some other "bull" in him too? Be hard with having to see red every day.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@greshamdisco said:
    We need guard help immediately. Crean was gored to recruit and coach.

Oops. Hired*. I guess autocorrect could have had it as Hored or Bored or Floored. However, Gored is the worst of the options. Sorry, Coach Crean.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@greshamdisco said:

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@donm said:

@greshamdisco said:

I have ceased to be amazed by what you can do. I'm getting spoiled. There's a rodeo clown in our town...I'm going to send this to him.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we give him extra OVs? I think he needs an OV for every sport we have. Including Diving team dont care if he can swim. Throw everything at this guy for Crean.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pair him with these two and it’s a nice start to a solid class

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Pair him with these two and it’s a nice start to a solid class

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

and keep Clax and Hammonds

If he can help make the B-ball team relevant than I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I’ve been begging for a team to get excited about for ages. One of the better offseasons I’ve had as a Dawg fan was the Harrick tournament year and the Hayes twins...wonder whatever happened to Jarvis? But yeah, having a basketball team that can compete and not have the **** factor of the Harricks would make the post football/signing day to spring football months more fun.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unpopular opinion: we are not the type of program that should go after one and dones. At least not in this infancy of Crean's tenure

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:
    Unpopular opinion: we are not the type of program that should go after one and dones. At least not in this infancy of Crean's tenure

I see what you're saying but I also think we need to be looking for things that elevate the profile of the program. Signing a recruit on that level definitely accomplishes that. Recruits, coaches, talking heads, etc. need to be talking about Georgia basketball in a positive light.